Lesson Learned!

Only dirt road I've been on with the Busa was smooth. Bout 4 miles down to the creek, not a biggee. Stay off the real gravel paths though.
Can get my dirt fix and then some on the KDX.:thumbsup:

I work on a dirt road, so I do a few miles of dirt every day. It's not too bad to ride on when there's some decent tire tracks worn into the road, but an absolute nightmare to ride on when freshly graded. My last bike was much more stable on the gravel, the busa is all over the place. The wide tires probably have a lot to do with it's squirrlyness on the dirt. I just take it slow and steady, and haven't had a problem yet

If it's the shortcut, or just so happens to be the road. Ride it! It'll make you a better rider and the dirt will wash off. I mainly stay on pavement, but my busa goes where ever I want or need to go.

033.jpg

030.jpg

I wish I had a picture of the road into this place, it didn't look anything like this clearing.:laugh:

022.jpg

Other than alot less suspension, slick tires, extra weight, and a less than ideal off road riding position...the busa is basically a dirtbike.:laugh:

Was that one of the picture game challenges? If it wasn't it should have been...

Nice pic of the busa on the dirt hill...

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was that one of the picture game challenges? If it wasn't it should have been...

Nice pic of the busa on the dirt hill...

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:laugh:No, that picture was a couple winters ago. Just a ride out for the day and that was somewhere I just happened through, I've rode the powerline a few times.

Well it's nice to see I'm not the only one in the dirt:laugh:. Well i got the new tire mounted and balanced, installed it this evening. This turned out to be just the opportunity I needed to install the Roadlok I ordered a while back, so I would say that this lesson turned out to be an opportunity. Oh by the way, the ride in the dirt did help as I had no idea my tire was flat until I hit pavement. The road felt like I was still riding in gravel until we stopped and I noticed an airless tire.:whistle:

Well it's nice to see I'm not the only one in the dirt:laugh:. Well i got the new tire mounted and balanced, installed it this evening. This turned out to be just the opportunity I needed to install the Roadlok I ordered a while back, so I would say that this lesson turned out to be an opportunity. Oh by the way, the ride in the dirt did help as I had no idea my tire was flat until I hit pavement. The road felt like I was still riding in gravel until we stopped and I noticed an airless tire.:whistle:

:laugh:Yeah, rear flats do feel kinda like riding on gravel:laugh: I've had 2, and neither from off roading. You must've been creeping not to notice though, dirt doesn't mean you slow down!:poke::laugh:

my bike is a dirt dirt uhhhh bike hence see the wash me pic from the spring busa bash...if you cant take her anywhere...shes not a "fun" lady lol

the only unpaved road i ever plan on taking my baby down is about 200m of gravel that goes from the road to the family cabin... but some of the roads in my city have so many cracks an potholes and patches that you cant really count them as paved anymore

I know exactly how you feel dude. A couple years ago, a guy I knew was starting a local motorcycle club. He invited me on the inaugural ride, and I decided to go along. The day started out with some good twisties in the mountains. Then all of a sudden, we pull up a dirt road! I had to do roughly the same distance as you. I tell you, it was a PITA, and I have dirtbiked for years. Granted, there were some extremely gorgeous rock tunnels and a gorge on the other end when it became pavement again, and some real good lunch after, but that still doesnt excuse him for taking a ride with all cruisers and a hayabusa on a damn un-maintained dirt road!

Crikey!! She's a beauty!
Behold, the wild Hayabusa. These are fine specimins indeed. Being such a rare sighting in their natural habitat, due to excessive domestication, it is truly a blessing to come across such a magestic creature.

we need illuminati and jwest and who else was with you guys when you found that logger road in the allegany national forest???? :whistle:

I would never do something like that.

Man, your bike would buck you right off of her if you tried that "WHOA HORSEY..........WHOAAA !!"

I had somebody take me down a loose gravel road one time, even with both feet on the ground I thought I was going down. I would have cursed him out.....but it was my Pop. I said "where in the H311 are you going ?". His reply, "there's some good ice cream down here" :banghead:

I know exactly how you feel dude. A couple years ago, a guy I knew was starting a local motorcycle club. He invited me on the inaugural ride, and I decided to go along. The day started out with some good twisties in the mountains. Then all of a sudden, we pull up a dirt road! I had to do roughly the same distance as you. I tell you, it was a PITA, and I have dirtbiked for years. Granted, there were some extremely gorgeous rock tunnels and a gorge on the other end when it became pavement again, and some real good lunch after, but that still doesnt excuse him for taking a ride with all cruisers and a hayabusa on a damn un-maintained dirt road!

Crikey!! She's a beauty!
Behold, the wild Hayabusa. These are fine specimins indeed. Being such a rare sighting in their natural habitat, due to excessive domestication, it is truly a blessing to come across such a magestic creature.

I'm sorry ya'll, but I don't need an excuse! I ride with my fiends regardless of what they ride. And the road was usually well kept, Motor homes and camper's use to drive that road all the time, forestry service maintained it well. Unfortunately the storm's all but washed the road away. I'll tell ya, the Busa didn't like it and nether did I, no harm came to me or the bike. Other than the flat all went well, I could have got a flat anywhere or anytime.
What it boils down to is I like to ride, and if your moped can keep up I will ride with you. It's not what you ride so long as you ride!
Peace out.:thumbsup:

Back