Lesson Learned!

Lexx1100

Registered
Learned a lesson yesterday, don't go on a ride with people that don't have a clue. Went for a bike ride with some friends and ended up on a dirt road. A DIRT ROAD! You don't ride a Hayabusa on a washed out rock strewn dirt road, the bike just wasn’t built for that. Well that’s what you get when you don't ask questions about the ride and just follow. GAWD I was pissed, about half way through we stopped and I gave him the WTF, the road is normally a smooth packed dirt road but was washed out by the Albert pike campground flood, if I had of known I would have told him to shove that ride up his ........well you know. 30 miles of DIRT and BIG rocks, was not fun! Well to make a long story short I ended up with a flat rear tire. I had a small tire pump with me so I shot the air to it and found the leak, small hole smack in the center of the tread. Rode to the first gas station on the way back and added some fix a flat, slowed the leak but didn't stop it so I hit every station in between to add air. Made it home but dayum, that was a long ride, about 130 miles and 30 of that were unpaved washed out dirt road in the dark. New tire is in the mail so I will be back up soon. That will never happen again! Lesson Learned!
Here is a link to what caused the washed out roads.

Arkansas flash floods: At least 16 dead in Camp Albert Pike campground floods | todaysthv.com

You went 30 miles on dirt? I don't think I've ever gone more than a mile. Lots of our roads turn into dirt as you approach the mountains, so I know it's only going to get worse.

Well I do my best to stay on the pavement, by the time we made our first stop we were way into it. Like I said, lesson learned. Although I do have to admit it was definitely an adventure, a rough one but we made it. My friends were all on cruisers, long and low. so They had it much easier.

i'll ride anywhere, some of the best scenery is tucked back on some of the worst roads :beerchug:

You went 30 miles on dirt? I don't think I've ever gone more than a mile. Lots of our roads turn into dirt as you approach the mountains, so I know it's only going to get worse.

I haven't gone more then 10feet into a dirt road. I turn right around and go else where.

I was talking with a friend at work the other night about that. This state has no warning signs, just simply go from a street to dirt/gravel in no time flat :thumbsup: :banghead: I really don't like that squirrely feeling on a Busa

I have turned around right at the edge of the pavement before. I don't ride any dirt roads as I don't want a rock punching a hole in my nice radiator! Even if they don't hole the radiator, they will tear the crap out of the fins and make it look like crap. I'm too picky for that......OK, I'm a wimp when it comes to beating up the bike........

Like you said, lesson learned! You have now learned to ask the road capt. what is the route prior to starting AND stop/turn around if you don't like what you see! Remember to ride your own ride....

Some non-paved roads can be ok but a washed out, rock strewn trail is....yucky!

I went on a ride with Bike Dude and Vanish, we did about a mile down a dirt rode, and we were not amused lol. Thats what we get for following a guy on a supermoto.

Back