Lesson learned!!

BoogalooJones

Registered
Had my unfortunate incident 4/25. It was a beautiful day in Pa with temps in the 80's. To celebrate this unseasonally warm weather I went to run some errands and decided not to wear my leather. That was mistake 1. Mistake 2 was not keeping my eyes on the traffic ahead. As I was turning to wave a friend passing by, the minivan I was following stopped to make a left turn. Til I turned my head she stopped dead. I dont remember seeing a turn signal but I take responsibilty since I was watching the road. I had time to lay the bike down and I rolled past the van on the left side and ended up in the intersection. The bike hit the minivan bumper. God was with me because I only got some rash on my knee, forearm and shoulder after I rolled 30 ft. in a t-shirt and jeans and helmet.

Needless to say lesson learned. Pay attention, wear proper gear and thank God for a chance to ride again.

05-06-09_1506.jpg

Last edited:
With probably more than a little help from all the knowledgeable people here, I should be back together by the end of July.

:welcome: to the org. sorry to hear about accident

OUCH! Glad your ok, I love that red color hope you can patch her up again.

Damn Boogaloo. Thanks for the reminder about gear. We want pics of the legs and arms too.:rulez:. Hope you get that fixed up quick.
AGATT!

Sorry to see this post. Glad you are okay other than the rash. ATGATT is my rule. I have had too many close calls from my dirt biking days.

Actually the worst rash I got is on my side. I rolled so the legs and arms aren't much worse than if I woulda crashed a bicycle. The side however is where I took the initial impact. Slightly graphic but not gory.

05-02-09_1001.jpg

Ouch! Glad you are still posting, no matter how hot, I wear full leather. It sucks sometimes, but dam, just glad you are alive.

glad you are ok but I guess I will never quite understand "laying" a bike down.. everything I have been taught says "keep it up and use the brakes" could be wrong but I guess hitting the back of a parked car is pretty bad..

That sucks dude. I wish you luck with the bike and that rash. Man that makes me think of wearing my jacket when I go out ridding, I hope that pic come's to mind b4 I get on my bike. I only have to worry about when it get's hot thats when I ride with no gear, we'll thats going to change.

glad you are fairly ok.

Sorry to see your bike looking like that....I like that color combo.

You are supposed to post pics of your injuries, :rulez: not pics of Jupiter.

Back