Lesson learned!

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
I learned that at 150ish to 160ish a tank bag becomes lighter than air and has a tendency to want to float up and away from the bike usually resulting in a Holy Shasta!!! Fortunatley I was able to just push it back down and keep hauling ass. Although in a sweeper with the bag floating not the most oppurtune time to remove a hand from the bar. Just an fyi! Although I suspect most of you are smarter than that!!!!
laugh.gif

Vic my receptionist is sending out the parts tomorrow!
e

It is for that very reason that I put anything heavy further back in the bag! The magnets for mine are all in the front of the bag and seeing that thing float is not exactly comforting....
ices_rofl.gif

When the tank bag levitates things get hairy! Yowch! That does not sound like fun!

Don't have one, but at those speeds my big azz would be laying on top of it.
SHOCKED.gif

Holy Shid is right
ices_rofl.gif

I've heard of that before but in my experience the TM Cortech mini magnetic tankbag stays put. Maybe I'm leaning on it at those speeds.
biggrin.gif

(CBXRider @ Apr. 22 2007,10:29) I've heard of that before but in my experience the TM Cortech mini magnetic tankbag stays put.  Maybe I'm leaning on it at those speeds.
biggrin.gif
This the one? The back floats up above 100 and tries to levitate.

RIMG0001.JPG

I'm 5'7'' and 160ish pounds... It is actually more uncomfortable to try to get low enough to hold it down with my upper body. Gonna follow BAbusas advice and just use the strap which is a pain in the azz for going into the store... It was funny to watch kinda in slow motion... everything blurring by and suddenly the bag starts to magically levitate and bump me on the chest...

My bag is bigger than that Shanling... I forget what kind of bag though.

My bag is as big as the top of the tank... never had a problem with it coming off... i can see where it would cause a bit of a problem though... glad it turned out ok!

(Shanling @ Apr. 22 2007,04:40)
(CBXRider @ Apr. 22 2007,10
super.gif
) I've heard of that before but in my experience the TM Cortech mini magnetic tankbag stays put.  Maybe I'm leaning on it at those speeds.
biggrin.gif
This the one? The back floats up above 100 and tries to levitate.
No, that's a super mini, mine is this one.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums....all.jpg

http://www.powersportequipment.com/cortech_catalog/mini_tankbag.asp

Magnets on the wings and underneath, very stable.

Had a Cortech super mini do it also, with the help of me passing a cattle truck. (don't want to spend to much time running along side of those P factorys) The disrupted air lifted it off the middle of the tank and planted it on the left side. I now use the strap that came with it.

"I learned that at 150ish to 160ish a tank bag becomes lighter than air and has a tendency to want to float up and away from the bike usually resulting in a Holy Shasta!!!"......

.......now since when, at 150 / 160, is your helmet not tucked down on top of that floaty tank bag
rock.gif
. At that speed I'm usually busy pushing down on the helmet, to keep "it" from floating and braking my neck........
super.gif

I've got the same small cortec bag that Shanling posted a pic of and mine has floated on me too at speeds around 90 and above. Kinda scary too.

(Spudley @ Apr. 23 2007,04:41)
(DR1300R @ Apr. 22 2007,18:56) Bagster Bag it stays put..
bowdown.gif
D@MN SKIPPY BRUDDAH !!!!!!!!
super.gif
Not to bust this thread...... but what did you use on the inner fender??? ( the black things you had painted) They look great!!

Back