Lesson learned!!

I would guess my speed at impact was around 35-40 mph. Not sure since I tried to brake for a second and I'm not sure at what point I came off the bike. I remember seeing impact was imminent and hitting the ground and rolling but not my initial separation from the bike. Carelessness on my part didnt give me a lot of time to react.

Hey, I just wanted to say, what matters most , is that YOUR ALIVE.. Thank God.. A PRECIOUS LIFE CAN'T BE REPLACED, the busa can be replaced.. Feel better rider, and I'm glad your still with us. But most of all,:please:, please ride safe.. Much love to ya... Kare

All glory be to the invisible falcon that flew you safely past the van. I'm glad you are still with us. Thanks for the reminder about gear. I'm actually getting pretty comfy wearing my jacket and a helmet full time now that its required. When I lived in Oklahoma it was not, so I never did until moving to Maryland. I took my bike home (Oklahoma) in April and it felt strange riding without my helmet, my eyes even watered up so I put it back on. It is now part of my daily riding routine. I still need proper riding pants, they are expensive.

Yeah, even though you took your eyes off the road, you definitely made up for it with your cat-like reflexes. Great job on staying ALIVE!

Back