Important lesson learned today...dont run from the cops

First of all I didnt have his plate. He slammed into me put it in reverse and took off. I was in shock for a moment and then realized he had left. Thats when I took off after him hoping to get his license plate number. I had a pen in my hand and was going to write his license plate number on my arm. Most of the time there were cars between us and I wasnt close enough to get his number. If I had his license plate number I would not have chased him period. Busaone> What if your wife and kids had been in the car and they were severely injured and the guy took off without even offering aid? How would you feel then? The hit and run driver is the culprit...not me!

Anyway, I just got back from the chiropractor. I have a sprained neck and am going to have treatments that started today. Nothing serious and should heal in a month. I will get a police report in a couple of days and no more about what is going to happen. My van will probably be totaled even though it is driveable. I took a Johnson bar to the door and fender and got the door working but it is a mess, along with the hood, the front fender and various other pieces on the side of the car. Thank God someone wasnt walking across the street or I wasnt on my bike.

agreed running is stupid but there are going to be a lot more runners I think now in FL with the new laws and penalties. I am sure they will be very young an inexperienced riders doing it. Being the tow man there is nothing I hate more than sweeping the brains and blood of kids who should have known better into a bucket.......... sucks.

"Lets get acquainted"

johncwildhogs-703832.jpg

Hit and run drivers are scum. Chase 'em down, I say. Make 'em pay for their crime.

I won't tell all y'all how I REALLY feel about it 'cause this is, after all, a family board.

--Wag--

There is no reason goo enough to run on a bike, unless you live in Florida :whistle:

I never shoulda run from that cop,
but I was high.

I shoulda pulled right over and stopped,
but I was high.

Now I'm a quadrapelegic,
and I know why.....

cuz I wuz high, cuz I wuz high, cuz I wuz high.

Hmm, an Afroman fan huh.....

anyways, I would have got his tag also. I have been a hit and run victim in the past, it sucks ass, trying to prove what really happened. As most people are too busy during the middle of the day to stay and wait for a LEO to help you out. The woman that hit me actually turned it around and claimed I hit her and the accident was my fault after they found her. I had to hire an attorney and a private investigator to finally win my case.

If he would have hit my ex-wife then I would have said good riddence and good work. My personal stance on this matter is that my buddy was killed by a guy doing the exact same thing you were doing. I dont agree with chasing however I didnt know that you didnt have the plate numbers. I agree with looking after your own property but not if it includes putting others at risk. This is just my opinion on this and to most people that doesnt count, so good luck and glad no one was hurt.

Yep, but the police that investigated messed up and once they had found her they did not do their job. They should had arrested her on the spot. WHY!! If she hit you and you stayed at the scene of accident and she wasn't there she should had been charged with Hit and Run. The police dropped the ball there. They failed to do their job. That sucks that you had to hire a lawyer and private investigator. Too bad you couldn't had sued the county or whatever they were from for your fees up front cause they did not do their job. That is why once a accident happens stay where you are and call the police immediately. If you are lucky to have a picture phone take pictures immediately not of your damage, but of other passing by cars plates if the person that hit you took off. You can than prove of what happen when the police investigate and they can interview the passing by people that were there. Yes, people may take off but when the police arrive at their door step they will talk.

Hmm, an Afroman fan huh.....

anyways, I would have got his tag also. I have been a hit and run victim in the past, it sucks ass, trying to prove what really happened. As most people are too busy during the middle of the day to stay and wait for a LEO to help you out. The woman that hit me actually turned it around and claimed I hit her and the accident was my fault after they found her. I had to hire an attorney and a private investigator to finally win my case.

Nice to be Monday morning quarterbacks, but if you were in the same situation, (just got crashed into) you might react the same way. I am sure that I would have chased the hit and run driver. Crunching metal has a way of raising your adrenalin.

Good job, the kid needed a lesson, maybe it will help him. :thumbsup:

What a lot of sissies!

On occasion I will run AWAY from the cops. If I know the area and there is a long corner coming up I will out accelarate them turn in at side road and let them run past. A lot of fun!

Or stop short of a speed trap. Turn around and do the same as above. By the time they have started up you are gone.

I agree its stupid to get involved in long high speed chase you will kill yourself!
But what's the point of the fastest bike in the world if you don't use it sometimes.
You can just as well buy a scooter!

Pine

If I'm 100 percent sure I could get away easily without putting anyone else or myself in danger. I'm doing it.

Glad it worked it out, if it had happened to me i wouldn't have gone after him as long as no one is hurt when it happened. If i can get a tag fine I'll give it to the cops when they get there if not screw it let the insurance company deal with it thats what they get paid for anyway. You never really no if he is armed or something. but again glad is all is well.

I dont blame ya, glad it worked out. One caution a friend got a hold of a runner and the cops asked the cat if he wanted to press charges for assault :laugh:

Here is an update. Insurance adjuster claims $2500 in damages to my van. The kid that hit me is 19 years old and was given two tickets from my city. One for blowing the stop sign and one for leaving the scene of an accident. He is out on $500 bail. My city shares a road with a neighboring city. The city lines are the center of the road. This road is where he illegally passed two cars and hit the ditch. Consequently he also received several tickets from the neighboring city. I dont know what they were. This hit and run is going to cost the kid some serious money.

Back