Lesson(s) learned!

brumanchu

Registered
Went home for lunch today and decided to ride my busa back to work in full gear even though it is 97 w/ 50% humidity (got a 30 min ride w/ some good twistys). Was stuck behind these two SUV cagers for a couple of miles, roasting while doing 50mph. Came to a T, and they pulled out in the same direction I was going :banghead:, so I nail it blow by them about 100 or so, then coasted back to 80 and enjoyed my air flow. :laugh: I look in my rear view mirror and the jeep I passed is tailgating the crap out of me, so I decided to create some space and demonstrate where his vehicle stands on the food chain. :moon: I nail it through 5th gear, hit 160+ then turn at the stop sign and continue heading to work almost w/i in the speed limit :whistle:. About a mile later, this same jeep is on my tail again, but with blue lights flashing and a freakishly loud siren blaring. I promptly pull over, remove my gear and wait for the impending arrest. The LEO’s get out, visibly pissed. I explained that I thought he was a tail-gater and was just creating some space. I’m not gonna lie, I was scared as crap and told them I was. I was in full business dress w/ the shoes, pants & button down under my gear, they questioned me, pacing around the bike, asked me how fast I got up to and I told them. Then, the miracle occurred, out of nowhere, the LEO told me he was going to let me go! Told me to let that be a warning, any other time I will be arrested and taken to jail immediately.

Lets recap:
Lesson 1: Take a second to look in the cars that ur passing, might save u some trouble later
Lesson 2: Always pull over for the cops, live to ride another day
Lesson 3: Always wear full gear even when it’s hot as crap outside cuz u never know when ur gonna fly by an unmarked popo (may come in handy based on ur immediate decisions afterward)
Lesson 4: After such a chain of events, deplete the bank account and buy lottery tickets, cuz it’s ur lucky day!

I always check to se if the cager I am about to pass is a cop. Lucky your record is still clean :laugh:

:rofl::rofl: WoW !! They must been detectives who don't have time to go to court for traffic offenses. Or they were fakes and you should hide your bike :whistle::laugh:

Luck like this no longer exists in California...at 100+ go to jail and empty your pockets for the next two years on fines, attorneys, and get out of jail card...priceless(read pricey)...glad u escaped your fate...I know how yucky it feels to be in hot leathers and someone doing the pokey in front of you.

Speed 100mph or more is automatic a journey to the big house. He lets you go perhaps it was not in his jurisdiction or he does not want to do the paper work that involved in taking you to jail. Considered yourself lucky. That would have been a felony charge " Neg/Reck 1st "

I dont even bother trying to spot cops out here anymore, they have so many different cars with some very well hidden lights anymore if i get caught i get caught.

But yea 160 wouldnt have been "creating space" out here it woulda been chin on the ground and hands behind your back:laugh:

Luck like this no longer exists in California...at 100+ go to jail and empty your pockets for the next two years on fines, attorneys, and get out of jail card...priceless(read pricey)...glad u escaped your fate...I know how yucky it feels to be in hot leathers and someone doing the pokey in front of you.

Not true! My buddy got pulled over for doing 132 around lake Cammanche a month ago. CHP had him on radar. Wrote him for not wearing corrective lenses and not putting a plate on his bike that he had already gotten a fix it tix for.

Another bud and I got pulled over by the CHP a week ago for passing over the DY and he thanked us for not running 6 times and sent us on our way with no cite.

Back