Front wheel/forks alignment

TXBusa05LE

Registered
What’s a sure fire way to know it’s out of whack?

I know my top clamp is cocked to the right just a tad, so maybe that’s why I think there’s a problem.

But, when going straight and looking down at the calipers, they seem a little to the right too, just ever so slightly.

It does ride straight w/ no shimmy, with no hands on the bars.

Someone help the newbie…:moon:

THREAD REVIVAL Front wheel/forks alignment

Got an '06 that has the top clamp skewed a little to the right while under way. Bike seems to run straight, but then again, I could be crooked!!!
How can I check this thing out without giving a stealership a blank check.

Im in the same boat on this alittle to the right on the top clamp but I cant find a thing out of whack....

Loosen the top clamp bolts (both sides) and sit on the bike, hold the front brake and rock the bike so as to cause the forks to be depressed. Do this a couple of times and then retighten the bolts. They will be straight then
Best done if on a rear stand..

Jason I think Race Tech or Traxxion make and alignment tool give their sites a once over. Or if you have local trackday check out the suspension guy they use :beerchug:

Loosen the top clamp bolts (both sides) and sit on the bike, hold the front brake and rock the bike so as to cause the forks to be depressed. Do this a couple of times and then retighten the bolts. They will be straight then
Best done if on a rear stand..

I'll try it tomorrow to see if it works after my crash i stayed with this problem also but just ignored it cause the bike runs fine. But it does get annoying to look at after a while:laugh:

Buy a tape measure and measure from the bottom triple to the axle mount. Mine came 1.5 cm's off or I was doing too many wheelies with hard landings....I Dunno..... :oldcool:

It is old for TXBusa05LE, but
Pinky Winky, Platypusfetch, and Busa1166 are all still having trouble, and questions.

Back