Unpaved surface on Busa

A fr. shot of the busa....

fr.shot.jpg

(WWJD @ Oct. 06 2006,20:53) That rocks!  This truly IS the EVERYTHING bike!    How do you keep the front from washing right out on snow?  I've done it before and had my legs extended out to the ground the whole time just to stay upright.  Any tips?
For this one, I did basically the same thing since the road cleared up about 50 feet down the road. In other trips on packed snow, you just need to be careful. No sudden moves, keep it slower and watch out for the other drivers. On curves I just kept it slow and careful. When I hit the overpasses that I thought were icy, I just kept it going straight and basically coasted to the other side before continuing on.

In these cases, I didn't take unnecessary risks in my opinion. I left the first time clearly understanding that the roads were pretty clear after the initial snow. In the other ones, I left home with clear roads and had to ride in the snow for bit or I left work clear and it was snowing by the time I got home.

I think the riding is pretty much the same as riding on a gravel road and even the powdered dirt road I dropped the bike in. Use the rear brake more often. Snow's sort of like a dirt road.

Carl

Great shots, I hate the powder as much as the snow. Clogs up eveything. I'm having a problem getting pics. smaller and how do you do several at a time. Pm if you could. One more, I'll do couple from work. I'm on dial-up here. Mtn.s on the way to the fish, Alaska...

Alaska_Mtn..jpg

Shiny plastic. Gravel roads. Bad bad bad.
Been there, done it, hated it.
I did it with my Honda Magna on a country road going up a steep mountain. Sand, pebbles, rocks.  Well, going up this mountain was horrific. Going down. jeez, down and down and scrape!!!

Hayabusa: wouldn't do it even IF i had the skillz. Too expensive a proposition.

Back