Cop Hassle

cut and paste your post and email it as a complaint to the police station and  Newspaper.
+1

No need for the guy to get away with being a pompous #####. THEN, let him give you a ticket and see what happens when you accuse him of further harrassment.

--Wag--

Of course, this is a Monday morning QB, but seeing as the chances of the PO logging in and explaining, I'll just take the post as I read it.
He was an AzzHat. It's PO's like him that make all of us look like azzhats. I'd like to thank him personally for one more person who has had a bad experience to carry over to the next encounter. Possibly with me.
He definately earned a civilian complaint, regardless of his personal situation that day. You leave your personal crap out of the uniform and business crap in it.
Maybe I'm burnt out or too nieve for that whole bad boy cop attitude. But for me it's like 7-up, never had it, never will.

I appreciate the input folks (especially from the LEO's, whom I largely respect) and I feel better after the discussion. I'm no angel nor am I criminal.

I intend to make an official complaint and then let it go. Thanks!  
smile.gif

I agree.......with every comment!
WarBaby; Thank You for being a Responsible Adult....You handled this very will!

Id,what you are saying is part of everyday life we supress alot,but our problems are just that our problems.we don't take it out on others like this cop did,we deal with it.
that's exactly what I'm saying we all have to deal with things and prepare for whats going to happen next when we lose control of those emotions and let them spill out onto other people is where the problem starts we have an outlet and sometimes we need to visit those a little more often to make us feel better or able to deal without being an a$$ hat
smile.gif
a lot of people go threw life carrying a chip on there shoulder or thinking there better than others this happens a lot with the authority figures

You did good, You didn't lose your cool but stood your ground. You also got lucky, when asked for your licence you should have given your permit if carrying. My fun is not to carry on the bike and not give them the permit they get all bent out of shape! I tell them "NOT REQUIRED" when not carrying.:D
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I appreciate the input folks (especially from the LEO's, whom I largely respect) and I feel better after the discussion. I'm no angel nor am I criminal.

I intend to make an official complaint and then let it go. Thanks!  
smile.gif
dude i would just leave it alone -at the end of the day they are the law-
you damn sure dont need your local cops mad at you trust me on this--they are a brotherhood and they will stick together, let it be

FastBusa - I understand.
cool.gif
In TN, you are not required to volunteer CC information to LEO's...only if asked. But, I go to Deal's Gap often and NC law requires that you do volunteer CC information to LEO's.

lot boy - I see that you are close to the Gap. I grew up in Maryville.  
wink.gif

In my opinion, prolly naive...... but most Police officers are awesome individuals. Please don't let this idiot put a bad taste in your mouth for ALL Police officers.  He gives the majority a bad name!  Keep an open mind!

<!--EDIT|Devil Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133653444 -->

Don't even get me started on traffic cops...  
mad.gif

There are 2 cops on a local forum who I know personally.
One works for the sherriff's department hauling in dirt bags from all over the country.
The other is a patrol officer in a small town just outside Kansas City.
The guy who works for the sheriff's department is a great guy and I enjoy hanging out with him.
The patrol cop is an assh0le.  He's been on leave because he got injured during an altercation with someone he and his partner were trying to arrest.  This cop comes in head first and "spears" the guy and ruptures a couple of discs in his neck.  Who does that??  Even football players who work their neck out all the time and wear helmets get hurt doing that?  Anyway, he's all "boo hooing" about how he got hurt on the job but then tells several people how he and his partner beat the sh!t out of the guy after they cuffed him and put him in the police van.

This summer, I was riding down the highway on my Busa and got hit with radar so I DECIDED to pull over.  I could've very easily ran because the cop had to put the radar gun away, start his bike, and then accelerate this Harley up to my speed to pull me over.  I stop and the cop rolls up and over the course of my encounter with him, gets more and more cocky...like he just pulled over a trophy and he can't wait to tell his buddies about how he chased down a Busa on his Harley.  Mind you...I was VERY compliant because I was trying to get out of the ticket.  Nope...he completely threw the book at me for everything he could think of.  Then, he brags about all the sportbikes he's pulled over.  What a f^ckin' d!ck!

As you can tell, I have a very low opinion of traffic cops.

We're not all like that...I'd have had a quick chat and asked about the bike, it's the dumb ass youth moped riders that go flying around, no licence, mach 2, not a care in the world for any other person on the road. Thems the ones I give a hard time to...

policebike.JPG

boy i bet its hard to post up and not be seen on your work bike huh?

everyone bee safe out there its the silly season, and everyone is gonna be a azz one minute or the next for the next month

Wow, sorry to hear about that encounter with the LEO, funny thing is that it remainds me of the sourpusses I've encountered... at any rate he had no reason to be a arse like that...

Know how you feel,been there myself.Local pulled me over and told me to watch how I was riding my bike because it could get me in trouble.funny thing was I just got it home and had not been on the road with it yet.Called the local police department and ask why one the the officers would do such a thing.They ask for his name and I gave it to them.The next day had a visit from one of the other locals and told me that there was someone in my neighbor hood riding fast on a motorcycle and since mine was out in the driveway I got tagged as it.Well it was not me and I le them know it.A week later a friend of mine started to work for the local police and came by and was asking about it,they had me flagged to be watched.Well he is taking care of it.He said with that bike they could not have caught me if they wanted too.I said that is true If it was me doing it and I wanted to run from them. Some just have a chip on there shoulder he told me,A motorcycleist had outrun him and he was in for all of them.
Guess I will have to be real careful next spring when I get it back out. That will be hard to do after a long winter of not riding.

Good luck.

Ahhh... Redemption. so it's not just me that has had a problem with a POS LEO. First, I think there are some good/great cops. However, there are too many worthless punks out there abusing their authority. And as for saying that maybe he was having a bad day or might have been having personal problems, I say leave em at home. I don't believe that crap about how tough it is to be a cop. I'm sure it has it's ups and downs. Good days and bad. Thats the job. But remember this, they had to apply for that job. They wanted it and worked to get it. They were not drafted and became Leo's against their will. So if you are a Leo and don't like the job....Quit!!!. And if you are too weak or don't have the character to perform the job to the highest standards...again...Quit!!!

David

Back