Collections for FlyingSwan

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
I am posting this here to make sure people see it.

Dear Friends,

It is with much sorrow that I am writing today to inform you that Julia was taken from us suddenly in a motorcycle accident on July 10, 2005.

Julia and I were so much in love, and this coming August 6th we had planned to share our commitment to each other with you. Julia was very excited about the upcoming wedding and was looking forward to seeing you all on our special day.

I cannot tell you how sad I am that this day will never pass.

Thank you all for your kindness and understanding.

Please keep Julia in your thoughts like I will always keep her in my heart.

Love forever and always

Robert
Details about the funeral will be posted at www.vrombc.com soon

Captain has started up a account for anyone that would wish to make a donation to help with the expenses that her friends and family are going to face.  
Here is his post.

"OK so I got the message that the family does not want flowers. There has been several request to organize a movement to collect money for the family to use for funeral expenses or whatever they need with the proceeds. I have set up a paypal account at Hayabusa.org just for this cause. I figure we can keep this going for a week or so and then turn it over to the family.

I am going to ask one favor and that is that Thinker62 (Greg) take the money collected and make sure it gets to the right people.

If you want to send in money then just send paypal to flyingswan@hayabusa.org and I will collect the funds.

It's situations like this that make this website different than most......

Doug "

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121431525 -->

$ on its way Cap!!

...jwcfbd, I'll PM you the transaction ID number in a couple of minutes!

<!--EDIT|shenoyp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121458696 -->

beerchug.gif
way to go shen!

RIP......

I can hardly believe my eyes. My heart sank as I read this! She will be missed.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>**ATTENTION PLEASE**</span>

Let me ask you guys this... I still have the dang funds from the Juliana Fund sittin' in an account because I still can't comfirm an address to send it to. Personally I've all but given up and am about ready to refund the donations to everyone who gave, but I think maybe this is a chance to put the money toward another good use.

Here's the question. Is there anyone who donated to the Juliana Fund against sending the funds to Flying Swan's Fund? Hell, if the popular vote is to do this I'll send the funds to Greg or whoever and it's done. It won't go for what we put it together for, but it will still be for a great cause, IMHO. We could start a thread and sticky it and if anyone doesn't want their Juliana donation to go to Flying Swan for whatever reason I'll refund their donation out of my pocket once I confirm the amount they donated.

I've got $1050 in the account to send if this is cool with everybody. That way we already have a good amount to give and a lot of folks wouldn't have to come out of pocket AGAIN if they already gave to the Juliana Fund.

What say you?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121542355 -->

Oh, and a small donation sent out of my pocket already. Not a lot, but maybe it will help... She was one of the good ones back in the day when I joined.
wink.gif

RIP Flying Swan...

Let me ask you guys this... I still have the dang funds from the Juliana Fund sittin' in an account because I still can't comfirm an address to send it to. Personally I've all but given up and am about ready to refund the donations to everyone who gave, but I think maybe this is a chance to put the money toward another good use.

Here's the question. Is there anyone who donated to the Juliana Fund against sending the funds to Flying Swan's Fund? Hell, if the popular vote is to do this I'll send the funds to Greg or whoever and it's done. It won't go for what we put it together for, but it will still be for a great cause, IMHO. We could start a thread and sticky it and if anyone doesn't want their Juliana donation to go to Flying Swan for whatever reason I'll refund their donation out of my pocket once I confirm the amount they donated.

I've got $1050 in the account to send if this is cool with everybody. That way we already have a good amount to give and a lot of folks wouldn't have to come out of pocket AGAIN if they already gave to the Juliana Fund.

What say you?
rock.gif
I think thats a good idea BT!!

What say you?
rock.gif
I think thats a good idea BT!!
I think it's a great idea too. Can't believe only one response so far...
rock.gif

rock.gif

its a wtf isnt more ppl chiming in response.....

do it bro. your fund to run.
Unless someone speaks up against it, it's going to be a done deal... If anyone complains later they can get back their donation. I can't really imagine anyone having a problem with doing this seeing as how the money is sittin' there and I can't seem to get it where it was intended to go... What better way to use the fund than to divert it to one of our own and her family?
rock.gif

its a wtf isnt more ppl chiming in response.....

do it bro. your fund to run.
Unless someone speaks up against it, it's going to be a done deal... If anyone complains later they can get back their donation. I can't really imagine anyone having a problem with doing this seeing as how the money is sittin' there and I can't seem to get it where it was intended to go... What better way to use the fund than to divert it to one of our own and her family?
rock.gif
BT you have my vote to do this. If the other family is making it this hard to get the money to them then it's their loss. If no one else has a problem with it send it to Flying Swan's family or donate it back to the board.

Thanks for trying.
Jim

why doesn't everybody just donate to a favourite charity...

childrens fund... or an' animal fund...

yer gathering money to send to the family of a well established 46 year old. They own bisinesses etc...
She was about to receive a brand new GSXR 1000 as a wedding gift...

I'm not positive.... but I dont think someone who owns a bisiness in Vancouver, rides a Hayabusa,has a BF who's buying her a brand new GIX 1000 is that hard up for cash.

It doesn't cost that much to bury someone in Canada...

Why not donate the money (and BT's money) to something usefull.

Why blow it on a funeral. Especially when the people putting on the funeral , aren't "poor people".

Life is for the living....

do some good with your money...

spend it on a cure,or some reseach,or some sick or starving kids or animals....

just my opinion..... feel free to flame on....

I was going to get flowers until we found out the family didnt want them..... Im game for anything, Greg, do they need the help? Maybe a donation to a cause in her name!!!!

Back