Collecting Insurance Settlements

babuski

Donating Member
Registered
Boys and Girls of this great forum...need some intelligence. I have insured my busa with Progressive for the past year and am thinking of switching to Geico. Its the claims experience that will tilt the balance as the prices I pay are reasonable and they are not different from each other.

What is causing me to move from Progressive to Geico is what happens should I have to make a claim. On collision and damage both have fast response times. BUT and this is a very big BUT.....if my busa is stolen, Progressive makes you wait a minimum of 30 days from when you file the police report (they say they have to do this because of the possibility of recovering the bike etc etc...plus fraud investigations blah blah blah.) before collecting a settlement. 30 days is ETERNITY in Chicago where we can't ride all year round as it is.

So what I am asking is: has anyone had there motorcycle (any motorcycle, not necessarily a busa) stolen and if so how long before you collected your settlement? Any Geico claims stories would be especially appreciated.

I've been with gieco for years (auto insurance) and have never had a problem. However, they refused to offer full coverage for any of my motorcycles, possibly becuase of my location but who knows. Chris

Go with State Farm. They have beter rates. and the better you get to know your agent, the better you are treated.

yep i just got my renewal papers for progressive no tickets no claims and it dropped a whole 300 funk dat no thanks im going to state farm

Back