Choke doesn't do anything...

All done ???

Nope. Here's what happens.

I have the engine warm.

Start it.

Pull the Fast Idle Lever down = open.

The idle goes from about 1200 to about 1600.

I watch as lever turns and stops on the stop screw. It's barely making contact with the throttle.

Now what?

Nope. Here's what happens.

I have the engine warm.

Start it.

Pull the Fast Idle Lever down = open.

The idle goes from about 1200 to about 1600.

I watch as lever turns and stops on the stop screw. It's barely making contact with the throttle.

Now what?

When you went the other way with the adjuster...you got it up to about 2k?

You can adjust the speed with the engine running...if you can not get it up to 3500...then you are going to adjust the set screw too.

When you went the other way with the adjuster...you got it up to about 2k?

You can adjust the speed with the engine running...if you can not get it up to 3500...then you are going to adjust the set screw too.

On my way back out sir...

That's a tricky lil guy to get to!

EDIT:::::

OK --- I give up for today. My finger tips are sore from turning those hot parts --- what a PITA...

Thanks for the assist BA! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Ok... I didn't give up. I got the stop screw to turn a few mm and voilà! The fast idle speed is hitting 3k and I'm happy enough with that...

I did learn that having a flexible screwdriver (or carborator adjustor tool) works for this. As I was running out of garage words, my neighbor showed up and had the idea to get one of those flexi type tools... I highly recommend it.

Thanks to everyone, especially BA BUSA for the assistance... :thumbsup:

I hope I can contribute to helping someone, someday... :beerchug:

Dave

Last edited:
Glad that you got it worked out :thumbsup:

Thanks. :beerchug: I just hate knowing something's not working the way it should.

To be honest, about half way thru, I thought, "It hardly ever even gets cold enough around here to use this..." but I have to finish what I start. :whistle:

My problem is definitely the set screw...the pulley moves with the lever and it moves immediately when I pull the lever. It stops because of the screw...not the cable length. I'm tired of mess with it really. Thanks for the help.

Back