Choke

sumo

Registered
what does your choke when fully open idle at? Mine is about 2k and it feels like there is some serious slack and almost feels like its not doing much at all. Do i need a adjustment or is this about right?

it is not a choke it is just a high idle lever. to help with warming up.

Don't worry too much about it unless it's really not doing anything. All it should do is increase idle a bit.
thumbs-up.gif
Sounds like it's doing it's job.

Ian,not sure what year your bike is,or mods but after my 1st throttle cable adjustment and idle adjustment about 500 miles ago. I am at 2000 miles on odo now.
I have my idle set to approx. 1050-1100 RPM.
When I open up the enrichner (fast idle) mine goes to approx 1700-1750.
And this seems to work just fine for me.I just did it for you right now.
And if you lift up your gas tank,yes,it looks like there is some slack,but I didnt 'F' with it.

Hth's

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155689850 -->

thanks guys. I wasnt to sure bout busas. all other bikes i had experience with all reved bout 3k when fully opened.

You can also modify the "fast idle lever" to use as a "throttle lock" (many people call it "cruise control" - until they grab a handful of clutch with the throttle locked at 4000 under load - and find the rev limiter)

It works great and the cost is $0

There is an adjustment screw for the fast idle. Just follow the fast idle cable down the the throttle bodies. I actually removed the screw completely so my fast idle is at its maximum adjustment.

Back