Choke

bigpoppa1969

Registered
Whats up my brothers

Every morning I gotta choke her.... I need to adjust the choke. When warm the bike idles at 1250,,, if I had used the choke she gets up to 1500.... whats up with that?
rock.gif
it used to idle at 2k... any advice
grim.gif

Your Busa does not have a choke it has a fast idle lever. You can adjust this by taking the right fairing off and looking just below the tank you will see the cable. When you pull the fast idle lever you'll see what happens. There is a hard to get to screw behind the cable witch adjust sets the stop for the fast idle if you loosen the screw you will be able to raise the fast idle. There is also adjustment in the cable right there also make sure there is not to much slack in the cable to.

While you have the fairing off you can set your idle anywhere you want to if you want to idle at 2000rpms then dont even bother with the fast idle.

Where are you at in So. Cal??

<!--EDIT|jumbo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082586751 -->

The manual states that the fast idle "choke" should hit 3000rpm's once fully warmed up. So make sure the bike if fully warm and adjust the idle at around 1300-1500 rpm, then adjust the fast idle screw backwards, unscrewing, until it reaches 3000rpm. It is a pain in the ass to get at even when to tank is up so have fun.
smile.gif

Thanks guys

Ill mess with it later... I guess I have to take the airbox off to get to that little screw... I see it, it looks as if it will be a pain, but if I pull the airbox up some, I shouldnt have a problem.. once again thanks...

I live in temecula ,, what about you jumbo

Actually, all you have to do is lift the tank to get to the screw. You can also adjust the cable by tightening it. A good idle speed for your bike should be around 1100 to 1300 rpm. The fast idle puts me somewhere around 1800rpm. I truly have a hard time trying to fathom the fast idle holding the bike at 3000rpm
rock.gif
. That is unless the idle speed is set somewhere over 2000rpm. Your bike shouldn't idle that high.

Brian

Actually, all you have to do is lift the tank to get to the screw. You can also adjust the cable by tightening it. A good idle speed for your bike should be around 1100 to 1300 rpm. The fast idle puts me somewhere around 1800rpm. I truly have a hard time trying to fathom the fast idle holding the bike at 3000rpm
rock.gif
. That is unless the idle speed is set somewhere over 2000rpm. Your bike shouldn't idle that high.

Brian

When I first got the bike it would "fast idle" at 2k. When the fast idle lever is all the way down it goes to around 1500. When warm she idles at 1250. All I want to do is get her to fast idle at 2k only on cold start up:D

oh I forgot, Jumbo... Im in Menifee.... I got up to March to get hair cuts.... its cheaper... you know, once a week thing for me....:cool:

Back