idle problems

prstyle69

Registered
I have been having problems with the idle on my 05 busa. At first when I got it from the dealer it was idling below 1k and the choke would barely go up to 2k when I started up in the morning. Took it to the dealer and had the adjustment made. Also had yoshi r22 bling bolt ons installed. Now the choke doesnt engage until it is about 75% foward and the bike is idling between 1.5k and jumps to almolst 2k on its own. Also there is fluctuation between 1.5 and 2k when the clutch is engaged. What to do?

Take it back to the dealer since its still under warranty.

Sup fellow Boricua!

Have you tried to adjust the idle yourself? It shouldn't be above 1500 to begin with.

My fast idle won't engage until about 50%. At max. it will raise the idle to about 2k rpm. I checked it out and that is with the fast idle adjusted all the way to the stop underneath.
I adjusted my regular idle to sit at 1100 and it sits there without any surging.
Was there surging before the rs-22's? You may need the marble mod.
Just a thought.
When in doubt, dealer warranty.

I have a Q? when im at a light and have my clutch in im at around 1100/1200 rpm but when i let the cluch out in nuetral the idle jumps to like 1500/2000 rpm. can anyone help.my busa is a 01 with 8000mi and no mods what so ever .. bone stock HELPPP!

I have a Q? when im at a light and have my clutch in im at around 1100/1200 rpm but when i let the cluch out in nuetral the idle jumps to like 1500/2000 rpm. can anyone help.my busa is a 01 with 8000mi and no mods what so ever .. bone stock HELPPP!

Start a new thread of your own...this one is old and dead :banghead:

:welcome:

Don't knock the man for using the search function. Many often people don't even bother cause they to "special" to do it. :laugh: You know it does help future people to keep the thread count down when they searching for info for their problems. I'd rather sift though a couple threads then a bunch on the same topic.

With your year bike(01) you might want to start with the basics like a loose vacuum line. Over time they become hard(vacuum leak) or spongy soft(vacuum plugged) and become defective.

Try running some "Sea Foam" through it or similar product. It acts like an engine flush to clean out carbon build up on valves and fuel system. Not sure where you live,but over time storage of the bike in off season does create a build up of various gunk that needs cleaning.

When was last time it was giving a Tune up? Busa's are nice cruisers,but gotta be wrist ripped once in while to keep her running smooth. Just don't go getting yourself a ticket or hurt in the process. :thumbsup:

Good luck.

:welcome: to the .Org !!!! By far the best Busa (motorcycle) site, and people around !!

Got any pictures of your bike ? If you do start a thread, and post them up, we love pictures !!! :wow:

Back