Choke lever

IdleSpeed.jpg

It doesnt mention the high idle

(busa_bill @ Oct. 11 2006,10:51)
(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 11 2006,10:40) I have the service manual at home, but I'm here at work.  The service manual does specify where the fast idle rpm should be.
I believe it gives a total RPM. But you would have to take into account your base RPM. The lever just adds to the base.
To adjust it you need to know what rpm to set it at, not how many more above idle.

But just subtract 1150 from whatever it says and there ya go
wink.gif

Told ya could trust me
wink.gif

Lets see, 3500 minus 1150 = 2350 rpms above idle speed.

Mine doesn't go near that high and I even have the adjustment screw removed so it moves the maximum amount. No biggie, it gets up to 2000rpm which works for me
wink.gif

wink.gif

My fast idle doesn't work even with the screw removed and moving mechanism by hand?

Who knows.

My fast idle has never pulled the total RPM's to over 1500 since new.
Guess Zuki was way off when they setup my scootah.

Like the rear wheel that was almost 1/8" out of alignment.
all_coholic.gif

(JB Busa @ Oct. 11 2006,15:04) My fast idle doesn't work even with the screw removed and moving mechanism by hand?

Who knows.
ummm are you sure you have the right bracket then?

because the cable attaches to a cam/lever mounted on the shaft that travels through the throttle bodies....it's the pivot point of the butterflies. this is the same shaft that rotates as you open the throttle.

the only way it wouldn't work is if the cam/lever was stripped at the mount around the shaft.

at least that is how I remember it being.......some 3 weeks ago when I last saw my bike.
sad.gif

mine increases 500 or so not near that high.

Works fine for me.

Plus when the bike is lowered the idle is tough to move.

Mine gets the RPMS up to about 2000... plenty high enough for me...

(Sloto200 @ Oct. 11 2006,14:41) Mine gets the RPMS up to about 2000... plenty high enough for me...
That 3500 recommended in the service manual must be a typo.
Sorry to steal your thread

beerchug.gif

i have my screw all the way out and where the stop for the fast idle cam ment back a bit.
that way i can use it as cruse control. very easy. some would say not safe but you get use to it i keep my thumb on it when in use. makes long freeway rides better

Back