chain cleaning

If you want the really Really REALLY GOOD STUFF?
Try this out and you'll be impressed. Comes in a spray can about the size of a large can of WD40.

Motorex Chain Clean 611

If you can find this stuff, give it a shot. Spray it on and hose it off. If your chain is not loaded with gunk, it will be like new with one application. If the chain is really nasty you will end up doing it twice.

The stuff is a bit spendy but worth every dime if you have been using kerosene or WD40 with a scrub brush. Takes me about five minutes to clean, dry and wax my chain.

I'm not yanking your chain on this one, really good stuff.

You boys whose been using WD40, throw that **** away. It does more harm than good. Spray it on and wipe it off with a rag and your chain looks clean as new. But where it counts, down in the cracks and crannies around your Orings all it does is oil up the dirt and grit that is already in there making the bad stuff stick like glue. WD40 is a penetrating oil and it does it's job very well. It soaks in and around the Orings and clings to it like a fat woman to a doughnut. And guess what, as soon as you head down the road that oil base is gathering up every little piece of grit that comes in contact with it and acts just like sand paper. As we all know, Orings and sandpaper don't cohabitate for very long.

Clean your chain with a good chain cleaner or kerosene. Use hipressure water to clean the chain of all residue then apply a light coat of wax (After it's dry of course). Clean and wax your chain regularly and it will last 30K miles, no problem.

Sorry Tufbusa but you might get
guns.gif
for the WD40 comment. There are ppl that will swear by just as there are those that swear at it, with mileage to back it up. I use the 611, convenience I guess, but it does work very well. I also use their Wax, after a 10min sprint around the block to dry and warm the chain.

(Tufbusa @ Feb. 14 2007,01:19) If you want the really Really REALLY GOOD STUFF?
Try this out and you'll be impressed. Comes in a spray can about the size of a large can of WD40.

Motorex Chain Clean 611

If you can find this stuff, give it a shot. Spray it on and hose it off. If your chain is not loaded with gunk, it will be like new with one application. If the chain is really nasty you will end up doing it twice.

The stuff is a bit spendy but worth every dime if you have been using kerosene or WD40 with a scrub brush. Takes me about five minutes to clean, dry and wax my chain.

I'm not yanking your chain on this one, really good stuff.

You boys whose been using WD40, throw that **** away. It does more harm than good. Spray it on and wipe it off with a rag and your chain looks clean as new. But where it counts, down in the cracks and crannies around your Orings all it does is oil up the dirt and grit that is already in there making the bad stuff stick like glue. WD40 is a penetrating oil and it does it's job very well. It soaks in and around the Orings and clings to it like a fat woman to a doughnut. And guess what, as soon as you head down the road that oil base is gathering up every little piece of grit that comes in contact with it and acts just like sand paper. As we all know, Orings and sandpaper don't cohabitate for very long.

Clean your chain with a good chain cleaner or kerosene. Use hipressure water to clean the chain of all residue then apply a light coat of wax (After it's dry of course). Clean and wax your chain regularly and it will last 30K miles, no problem.
You said something in your post that I never do, Get it wet with water? WTF! lol
Really I would be willing to try something other then WD-40, you have a link where I can get this Motorex Chain Clean 611 from? and can I just wipe it off or blow it off with air gun, I really dont use water to clean my bike.
Thanks

thats what i'm sayin 05busale...water? i dont want to use water either.

i'm starting to believe that the person who told me to use break cleaner was waaaaayyy wrong.

believe it or not, motorcycles arent allergic to water.... been washing my motorcycles like i wash my cars for years with no issues... soap and water...

(Sloto200 @ Feb. 14 2007,15:25) believe it or not, motorcycles arent allergic to water....  been washing my motorcycles like i wash my cars for years with no issues... soap and water...
Mine is, and in 10 years mine will still be winning shows, sorry but there is too much that can go wrong nevermind the lil rust spots you'll wind up with! I also have way too much non-sealed electronics on my bike.

I use Chain Clean 611 by MOTOREX. Then I lube my chain with Chain Lube 622 by MOTOREX. They have another lubricant for racing offroad, but 622 is for the street. You can get both for $12 to $15. They both work great. It's sold at CYCLE GEAR.
super.gif

(Sloto200 @ Feb. 14 2007,12:25) believe it or not, motorcycles arent allergic to water....  been washing my motorcycles like i wash my cars for years with no issues... soap and water...
Exactly...wtf do they think happens to a bike when your out for a ride and it rains?  
rock.gif

Try owning a motorcycle in Florida...it's either a complete garage queen...or it gets wet...lots.

+1 ON THE MOTOREX 611 CLEANER AND 622 CHAIN LUBE. ONLY THING ABOUT THE CHAIN LUBE IS IT DOES THROW A LIL BIT LUBE FROM THE CHAIN WHEN RIDING. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THE STUFF FROM YOUR LOCAL DEALER.

(Justyntym @ Feb. 14 2007,16:04)
(Sloto200 @ Feb. 14 2007,12:25) believe it or not, motorcycles arent allergic to water....  been washing my motorcycles like i wash my cars for years with no issues... soap and water...
Exactly...wtf do they think happens to a bike when your out for a ride and it rains?  
rock.gif

Try owning a motorcycle in Florida...it's either a complete garage queen...or it gets wet...lots.
2 Places I wont live Cali cause I dont want my stuff dropped to the center of the earth, and Florida cause I dont want my stuff washed away I'll keep NY Thanx!

It soaks in and around the Orings and clings to it like a fat woman to a doughnut. And guess what, as soon as you head down the road that oil base is gathering up every little piece of grit that comes in contact with it and acts just like sand paper. As we all know, Orings and sandpaper don't cohabitate for very long. [/Quote]

That's backwards logic unless you're not using anything to lube the chain. WD40 isn't going to amount to shid when it comes to attracting dirt compared chain wax, Honda lube or any other product that designed to STICK to a chain and provide lubrication.

Back