Buy 2020 model or wait?

brian bham

Registered
Hey. I owned a couple Busas back in the early 2000's, and I have the itch again. They seem to hold their value well on the used market in my local area, so I'm leaning towards a new one. Since the 2021 has not been released yet, we are all guessing on whether it will be better than the current model.

Where do you guys stand on buying the last year of this model? What if the next model is not as desirable? What if the next model is 10x better in some way?

Ultimately, the 2020 would suit my needs and wants fine, so there is no wrong answer. Can you share your thoughts buying the last model year?

Thanks!

If you are in the market, I'd not wait to see if Suzuki brings out a '21...on the other hand, if they don't there will always be NOS left over bikes around..

Get one now. By some miracle a new Gen III comes out,get it on trade in for yer existing busa. Roll off the lot depreciation will kill ya,but they may offer free Vasoline. :laugh:
Rubb.

I am nothing but a peace loving man which doesn't believe in violence.......who has weapons and a vast knowledge of how to use them.
Great...I now have the unwanted attention of Canadian Rambo...

Rubb. (now living in the witness protection program,please leave a message at the beep)

To the points above @brian bham you sound like you are dedicated to a Hayabusa but given your specific question about getting the latest improvements I wonder if you are considering the ZX-14R given that it has been continuously improved and has electronic rider aids.

Roll off the lot depreciation will kill ya...

The flip side is the possibility that no new bike will be produced. Unlike most bikes with values that drop like a stone when discontinued I have been thinking that prices of new leftovers would remain at MSRP until sold and prices of used bikes will go up. Prepare to hear "You cannot get the Hayabusa anymore." Also contributing to continuing demand, the aftermarket will support the bike for a decade after it is discontinued which is very different from other sport tourers.

Back