Buy 2020 model or wait?

The key word is "if" a new model is coming...
It's my personal hope the Gen III is created. I think Suzuki may be done with the Hayabusa thou. Its had a great run,but nothing in the MC world lasts forever.
You would have to know the numbers to know for sure.How many GenI's were sold as compared to Gen II's etc. Does todays young biker want a behemeth like the Busa? Can they afford one? Can they afford the higher insurance? Suzuki will not re-tool for a Gen III unless there is a big profit,the bottom line if you will.
I want a GEN III...will it become reality....
Rubb says no.
Rubb.

I bought my 19 thinking it was going to be the last year of the GEN2. I was wrong.
I would buy the last year. I think they will hold their value well.

I definitely wouldn't buy one on the premise of it holding value....in a few years I reckon all these bikes will be worth pennies as the younger crowd aren't interested in them-who's going to buy them?

I definitely wouldn't buy one on the premise of it holding value....in a few years I reckon all these bikes will be worth pennies as the younger crowd aren't interested in them-who's going to buy them?
I think there will still be a lot of busa fans. Tons of people have them and are loyal to them. Some will want to get a newer one. Just my opinion though.

I think there will still be a lot of busa fans. Tons of people have them and are loyal to them. Some will want to get a newer one. Just my opinion though.

Right now there are...look toward the future and see who will be buying them then...I'd say very few will be buying a Hayabusa motorcycle in say 20 yrs.

I appreciate the feedback and laughs, guys. I have not been looking at the ZX-14R. I prefer the aesthetics of the Busa. I suspect some of that is the nostalgia of previous ownership.

I'm going to look at the candy red version this weekend. I'll probably end up making an emotional choice on the fly. In a light hearted way, I'm sure the following will happen.
  • If I buy the 2020, the 2021 model will be epic.
  • If I do not buy the 2020 model, they will discontinue the bike. :beerchug:

I appreciate the feedback and laughs, guys. I have not been looking at the ZX-14R. I prefer the aesthetics of the Busa. I suspect some of that is the nostalgia of previous ownership.

I'm going to look at the candy red version this weekend. I'll probably end up making an emotional choice on the fly. In a light hearted way, I'm sure the following will happen.

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT!

Murphy's Law...never discount it. :laugh:
Rubb.

We rode some Harley's out to the dealer on Saturday. Arrived a couple minutes after they opened and saw the sales rep that had helped on the phone was already busy with a customer. We just waited and talked by the bikes.

While I was sitting on the bike, another customer came in a few minutes later. I overheard a different sales rep mention "the red one is the one that I text you about." It was obvious that he was interested in the same ride. I decided to grab my sales agent attention. After a few short words, my rep basically said that you need to decide if you want it because the other guy wants it too. Fast forward about fifteen minutes, they decided to sell it to the other buyer. It was literally sold out from underneath me. LOL

They said they have another red one in the warehouse they can prep for me this week. Same price and offer. Just a little bummed to have to wait on Memorial Day weekend. It would have created a logistical issue getting the Harley home that I rode there anyways.

I put a deposit down on the warehouse bike and plan to pick it up later this week.

I do have a question for you guys who bought new. Did the back seat cover or "dome" come with your bike? My two Busa's in the early 2000's had them, but the sales rep wasn't sure they were included with the bikes now.

IMG_43601.jpg

I cannot confirm that (it would be odd if Suzuki stopped including that in the crate) but I suggest that you put it on your check list to make sure they give you the key code.

My '08 came with a hump. Don't know if things have changed since then.

We rode some Harley's out to the dealer on Saturday. Arrived a couple minutes after they opened and saw the sales rep that had helped on the phone was already busy with a customer. We just waited and talked by the bikes.

While I was sitting on the bike, another customer came in a few minutes later. I overheard a different sales rep mention "the red one is the one that I text you about." It was obvious that he was interested in the same ride. I decided to grab my sales agent attention. After a few short words, my rep basically said that you need to decide if you want it because the other guy wants it too. Fast forward about fifteen minutes, they decided to sell it to the other buyer. It was literally sold out from underneath me. LOL

They said they have another red one in the warehouse they can prep for me this week. Same price and offer. Just a little bummed to have to wait on Memorial Day weekend. It would have created a logistical issue getting the Harley home that I rode there anyways.

I put a deposit down on the warehouse bike and plan to pick it up later this week.

I do have a question for you guys who bought new. Did the back seat cover or "dome" come with your bike? My two Busa's in the early 2000's had them, but the sales rep wasn't sure they were included with the bikes now.

View attachment 1619775
Looks like they have a few Hayabusas there....tell them you want a seat cover (hump) as part of the deal if Suzuki doesn't include one...

my 2019 I bought last year came with the hump and pass seat.
When does the 2021 Suzukis debut? This fall? Could wait till then and if no gen 3 then snatch up the 2020. Seems like there's always leftovers for awhile

Wait or buy a ZX -14 :D :thumbsup:

The ZX-14R comes with one whole seat and a seat cowl!

If Suz makes a new Hayabusa, Kaw is going to turn right around and make a new 14 that tops them all. My thought is it will probably be supercharged like the H2.

Buy the one you like. You can build it to have as much hp as you want. Spend 8-10 grand in a couple years and you will have THE bike for the rest of your life. No factory bike will be made with that kind of power. I think the factory supercharged bikes that may come to be will have more limits on what you can do with them.

Save up for an electric bike in the future because those are going to be something altogether different.

The ZX-14R comes with one whole seat and a seat cowl!

If Suz makes a new Hayabusa, Kaw is going to turn right around and make a new 14 that tops them all. My thought is it will probably be supercharged like the H2.

Buy the one you like. You can build it to have as much hp as you want. Spend 8-10 grand in a couple years and you will have THE bike for the rest of your life. No factory bike will be made with that kind of power. I think the factory supercharged bikes that may come to be will have more limits on what you can do with them.

Save up for an electric bike in the future because those are going to be something altogether different.

I think Kawasaki will be done with the Hyper bike scene as well...Their H2 platform is able to take the crown and once the tech gets more mainstream the price will be comparable.

Bikes like the Hayabusa will go down in history along with all the other significant bikes of their generation. It's nice to be part of that history.

I think Kawasaki will be done with the Hyper bike scene as well...Their H2 platform is able to take the crown and once the tech gets more mainstream the price will be comparable.

Bikes like the Hayabusa will go down in history along with all the other significant bikes of their generation. It's nice to be part of that history.

I think there will always be a market for big, long aerodynamic bikes. I know they use everything for LSR and drag racing but the 14 and the busa are the weapons of choice. I'm sure LSR people will still seek out old busas after they go out of production. I don't quite see liter bikes filling that niche unless you make them heavier and longer. There will be no reason to buy them because everyone will want the shorter, lighter one that has just as much torque and horsepower. I can see electric bikes steeling the drag/LSR show but not liter bikes.

I have also thought about the historical aspect of owning both a 14 and busa. That's just one small reason I'm hanging on to mine forever.

Back