Couple gen 2 questions, 2008 vs later models

Here's the only pic I have, snapped it in shop but I won't have the bike home for a week or two, when I get a chance to pick it up.

hayabusa2011.jpg

Got the bike home today, 24 degrees and 25mph wind, snowy rainy day but I made the 175 mi drive. Pretty pumped, will post some pics tomorrow. First things to do: remove at least some of the red decals; modify the hump I bought to fit with the grab bar; ditch the 12 ft fender; etc etc.

4 pushpins drop the shovel i think. Remove those rearsets and passenger pegs and get them powder coated black to match the frame. Looks good :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new bike.

I'm here in Iowa as well, Waterloo to be exact. I've got a paint code that matches the black quite well. The only difference is in Dupont or Nason brands the blue mica is a little smaller than the OEM paint but you don't notice it. I even painted a tail for a buddy and we put the OEM hump on and you couldn't tell. Just PM me if you need the paint code.

Hey gang in iowa....who else road some yesterday??? was 66 degrees here i couldnt resist!

Yeah, gonna do some choppin on the rr pegs and powder coat.

Thanks for paint code info, will keep it handy.

No, only got to upper 40's lower 50's here near Ft Dodge, not that desperate!

Finally rode my new-to-me '11 Hayabusa. Wow, very nice!!! Compared to my old '03:

Shifts way better/smoother, was surprised by this.
I like the gear indicator, didn't think it would be this nice.
Fast! Wow, breaks the rear tire loose way better than my old one.
Only have Helibars on, but seems almost more upright than old Gen1 with helibars AND genmar riser.
Corbin seat on this bike is more comfortable than Corbin was on Gen1, think I sit farther ahead.
Front brake is touchier, easier, not that the Gen1 brake was bad.
Not sure about the 4-1 Yosh, at first I thought the engine was missing, but I think it's just the sound diff from 4-2 vs 4-1.
Doesn't mean much but temp gauge runs higher than my old Gen1, even though it was cold out.
Gen2 hump is cheaper built, doesn't fasten as well.

Rode it 74 miles. Was 50 when I left and 46 when I got back. Turned furnace up, got out space heater, and am drinking a cup of coffee. Man it was COLD!!!!

Yeah, your bikes def helped me decide on all black! I'm going to pull the remaining red off, I have an 03 grayish kanji to put on, and 1340 decals for rear.

'08 is definitely grey not black. But it grows on ya...

Not the greatest pic, but it shows the color more:
DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

Finally rode my new-to-me '11 Hayabusa. Wow, very nice!!! Compared to my old '03:

Shifts way better/smoother, was surprised by this.
I like the gear indicator, didn't think it would be this nice.
Fast! Wow, breaks the rear tire loose way better than my old one.
Only have Helibars on, but seems almost more upright than old Gen1 with helibars AND genmar riser.
Corbin seat on this bike is more comfortable than Corbin was on Gen1, think I sit farther ahead.
Front brake is touchier, easier, not that the Gen1 brake was bad.
Not sure about the 4-1 Yosh, at first I thought the engine was missing, but I think it's just the sound diff from 4-2 vs 4-1.
Doesn't mean much but temp gauge runs higher than my old Gen1, even though it was cold out.
Gen2 hump is cheaper built, doesn't fasten as well.

Rode it 74 miles. Was 50 when I left and 46 when I got back. Turned furnace up, got out space heater, and am drinking a cup of coffee. Man it was COLD!!!!

Yep my Gen II hump pisses me off, and the trunk is tiny compared to the Gen II . Research Trunk Mod

I know the 08's are gray/black and the 09's are black/gray and the 11's are black/black. I like all three, went with the 11 mostly because it was newer and came with 4-1 Yosh and Ventura rack.

I ordered a decal set on ebay for stock black 03. My old 03 had chrome kanji but these look more gray. Gonna try them, might like them gray. Hope I'm not gonna miss the RED.

Nope, bought a used 2011 with 3000 mi and full system Yosh, PC5, and Venture rack. Somehow the hump got lost. I've got a lead on a black hump from a 2008 black/orange, I think it's the right color. Thanks and I'm pretty pumped but here in N Iowa I won't get to ride it until March or so. Got lots of time to "prep" it!

All Riiight!!

:thumbsup:

Back