Buy 2020 model or wait?

Just PM's him and yes they do... did not get the tank prop rod and I think you should have one. My 2004 was my first purchase and I didn't know... it did not have the hump. Went back like two years later and they produced it. Looked like they used it as a surf board but I fixed/painted it. I think that prop rod under the cowl for tank should be there as well but my 2015 and 2020 for my son's was not included. Dealer ordered the rod for my 2015 and that is good to go.

@Skywalker kid just got a new red one and they have posted pics with the hump. He would know

I appreciate the feedback @Skywalker. I did not know about the gas tank prop rod, so that is a great tip.

I spoke with the sales agent today, and the unit that I did not buy on Saturday was a trade between dealers. I think this was their confusion on whether they had it or not. The one that I'm picking up this week is direct from Suzuki, so it should be complete.

Enjoy your new ride Brian. It will be a great new passion.

I appreciate the feedback @Skywalker. I did not know about the gas tank prop rod, so that is a great tip.

I spoke with the sales agent today, and the unit that I did not buy on Saturday was a trade between dealers. I think this was their confusion on whether they had it or not. The one that I'm picking up this week is direct from Suzuki, so it should be complete.

We rode some Harley's out to the dealer on Saturday. Arrived a couple minutes after they opened and saw the sales rep that had helped on the phone was already busy with a customer. We just waited and talked by the bikes.

While I was sitting on the bike, another customer came in a few minutes later. I overheard a different sales rep mention "the red one is the one that I text you about." It was obvious that he was interested in the same ride. I decided to grab my sales agent attention. After a few short words, my rep basically said that you need to decide if you want it because the other guy wants it too. Fast forward about fifteen minutes, they decided to sell it to the other buyer. It was literally sold out from underneath me. LOL

They said they have another red one in the warehouse they can prep for me this week. Same price and offer. Just a little bummed to have to wait on Memorial Day weekend. It would have created a logistical issue getting the Harley home that I rode there anyways.

I put a deposit down on the warehouse bike and plan to pick it up later this week.

I do have a question for you guys who bought new. Did the back seat cover or "dome" come with your bike? My two Busa's in the early 2000's had them, but the sales rep wasn't sure they were included with the bikes now.

View attachment 1619775
They are supposed to come with it, I didn't find this out till way too late to go back for it:redface:. I did find out the tank prop rod @Skywalker mentioned is not supposed to be included which seems rather stupid to me.

Kind of a silly thing for Suzuki to not include the prop rod...do they expect people to use a block of wood to do basic maintenance??
That was kind of the same thing I said, apparently yor expected to order one as an accessories:banghead:. Of course this is from a not so great stealership I deal with.

That was kind of the same thing I said, apparently yor expected to order one as an accessories:banghead:. Of course this is from a not so great stealership I deal with.
I know, I was agreeing wholeheartedly with you....

Thanks guys! Yay! I just added this to my cart. Note the "STAY, OPT" tank prop is different for each gen, the prefix for both parts is 44574, and it is in the fuel tank microfiche.

OCD - looking for other "OPT" parts in the part lists. Oh how exciting!

This stuff is always for the next owner. (What? It will get sold someday? NO WAY!) Seriously what kind of slug turd prepares for a restoration down to the tank prop and EPA labels? Meet: Me. :sad:

1590658352058.png

<Insert extra sad face here> :sad:

Hey. I owned a couple Busas back in the early 2000's, and I have the itch again. They seem to hold their value well on the used market in my local area, so I'm leaning towards a new one. Since the 2021 has not been released yet, we are all guessing on whether it will be better than the current model.

Where do you guys stand on buying the last year of this model? What if the next model is not as desirable? What if the next model is 10x better in some way?

Ultimately, the 2020 would suit my needs and wants fine, so there is no wrong answer. Can you share your thoughts buying the last model year?

Thanks!
I’m picking up a lightly used 2014 soon....I’d love to have the last year(if it turns out to be)model.
if you’re the type of guy to get upset if the new bike is the dogs bollox(in the mags anyway)then maybe you should wait but it could be a while.
Suzuki haven’t even released official pics yet AFAIK.

Took a couple kids with me last night to pick her up. Dealership was still busy at closing time and cool to help me load well after they could have left for the day. My dirt bike straps were not an exact fit this one. Gotta love an 8’ bed.

Got home last night about 9pm and took the world’s shortest ride up the street. Decided not to ride to work today, so I was excited to leave the office early. Got home and went for my maiden ride to get my first Covid haircut.

Ride there was great. Cool air and limited traffic. Absolutely love the bike. The power is smooth and the bike feels very nimble compared to my last cruisers experiences. I didn’t open it up at all. Just keeping the RPMs lower for now.

Ride back was great too until I was a mile from the house. Literally rode into a solid wall of rain. LOL Figures, on the first ride, right?!? So I’m in the garage wiping it down after changing clothes. Wife didn’t think it was funny.

Here are a couple pictures mostly taken by the kids.

This is my third Busa. It feels good to be back on it after 13 years. Looking forward to get her out again this weekend!

I absolutely love that red!
The 18 white with red racing stripes was my favorite till the 19 gray came along. Now that red. I guess I've drank the bng kool-aid but not gonna say they ain't getting better better with them

I owned a ZX14 and ZX14R...the latter was a disappointment. I am eagerly awaiting a new model, the current red one here in Aus looks really good though :)

I owned a ZX14 and ZX14R...the latter was a disappointment. I am eagerly awaiting a new model, the current red one here in Aus looks really good though :)
The ZX14R was a disappointment? How so?

Not that I'd ever own one but it's interesting as I hear the exact opposite.

I had a 2007, later bought the 2012 R model. The 12 was horrible, gearbox was not as smooth as the 07 and power felt down too :(

Back