busa vs bmw vs new zx-10

Yah I did notice that the gixer 1000 is never mentioned. I love it and its got gobbs of power. And its hot lookin to.

3.jpg

Superbike or one of the UK magazines did at ZX10 & BMW comparison. In the story they listed replacement cost of parts from a simple tip over in the garage. ZX parts were pennies compared to the BMW parts.

I did look at the zx10 and its a bad bike. I do agree that the busa is much more comfy especially with riding the wife on the bike. But that is a rare occasion. I'm only 140lbs and had a 08 1k before the busa and I've tried so hard to ride it and throw it around like I did my 1k but its just impossible. I miss doing that and I wanna get back into riding track n such but I can't have 2 bikes. So I guess kawi it is. It seems to be the hottest bike on the market and has everything i need. I'm more of a gixxer guy but nothing stuns me much about the new gixxer so I'm willing to change if all else fails with kawi then its just a simple trade in. The busa is a great bike but its just to much work to try to handle like I want it to.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you don't plan on doing track days I wouldn't even look at the S1000RR/ZX10R...

If you do 99% of your riding on the street, I would keep the BUSA...

what are you opinions on these bikes compared? im looking to trade in for a bmw or zx-10. leaning more towards the beamer but hard decision to make converting to a kawi.
The 10 is so nuetered in the U.S. (20hp down on the BMW) that it takes a couple grand worth of kawi race kit (pipe, ecu etc.) and another grand for the abs, just to get it close to the beemer...which brings the price up to the beemer level. And for the same money the BMW still comes with more features, like a quickshifter, and is still faster.
I say get the BMW....

It has been said many times...by myself included. u will pay bloody heck for the BMW for every accesorry, for every tuneup, for every little thing on the BMW. The new Kawi outdoes BMW at their own game... The Busa is not as fast as these bikes on a track. But it is a heavier sportbike on steroids that is much more comfortable to ride.
If u are looking for a bike to track...buy a used one at the end of the season when guys are done riding for the year..getting out of the business...or upgrading. All of the goodies like Ohlins, Brembos, quickshifters, steering dampners are already on and severly discounted...

Good answer

Back