Busa vs zx-10

monti

Registered
Well last year I posted the results on some pulls we did my brother and I. His 05 ZX-10 is now all nicely broken in and ripping. All he's got is a Yosh bolt-on vs my Busa with bolt-ons and pc. The results of our pulls this time around were depressing. I thought I'd be smoking him like I did last year and that was not the case, as a matter of fact it was the other way around, almost. He weighs 195 and I weigh 170 so if you factor in the extra 100 pounds on the busa it only comes out to 75 pounds. We switched bikes just to make sure and that freaking thing rocks. We did a roll-on in third to about 170 and I'm sorry but that story about the Busa streaching its legs at 140 or so vs. a liter bike is crap. That damn ZX-10 was with me the whole way, as a matter of fact in some of our pulls if he got on the gas just a tad earlier than me it was over. Belive me guys, I'm no sissy and I've been riding for a long time those liter bikes are right there if not already past the performance of a Busa. On the plus side of all this is there is no replacement for the low end torque on the Busa although 80lbs. of torque on the Zx-10 is nothing to laugh about.

you don't need a PC for your bolt-ons, FWIW.

Any other mods? Are you geared stock? Is he geared stock?

well that's definantly good to know and thanks for sharing but is why I place so little value on straight line events wether they be pulls or top-end runs...as if I did?..I too would suffer the wrath of "new bike disease" and always trading in and up for the latest, greatest, quickest, fastest, most powerful thing out there on two wheels as if that were the case?...a person would hafta trade in/up almost monthly in these competitive two wheeled dayz.

Where in my world?..it's not the labels across the tank and fairings but the balls and skillz across the seat and handlebars that wins the day and it's always a case of "More Skillz" rather than "More Bike"....and I like that in a sport..he11...in '86/'87?..I ranked 2nd in the state by the NFAA (National Field Archery Association) and was blazing hard towards a top position in I.B.O. (International Bowhunters Organization) and in the end?..got disgusted because it turned into more of a "Gear Race" instead of the highly skilled sport it once was...as they amde the compound bows shoot the ultra-high dollar, ultra light high tech carbon fiber arrows faster and faster..to the point that the axel lengths of compound bows got so short and the string apex at full draw got so tight that modern compound bows in general became "Mechanical Release Only" propositions as an archer could no longer be accurate as a "Finger Shooter" (my class..."Bowhunter Freestyle Limited") due to excessive finger pinch at the arrows knocking point....pinching the arrow and destroying finger shooting accuracy...to the point that I gave up compounds and competing altogether and...."Went Traditional"...Shooting Good Ol'e Recurves...and my stress immediately went down while my own personal fun factor skyrocketed...and there's not much difference when it comes to this sport here we all seem to enjoy so much...and like my old custom recurve?...I gotta good "FEEL" for my Busa!
biggrin.gif

annnnnd....screw the "Gear Race"...as anybody can buy talent...but only the special few "OWN IT".
laugh.gif

btw...sorry for the archery rant/analogy and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

If the ZX10, GSX, Fireblade has had a pipe fitted then they will be a bike length in front or behind up to 280kph then the busa has the run on them. They will generally stay in the slip for a short while untill the grunt of the busa simply keeps going.
We are a 6000 ft above sea level with a loss of 17% in HP, but the air is thinner, therefore the top ends are reached. I've had a trick GSX K6 come past at over 300kph out of my slip stream and kept going. But if I spend the same ammount of money on mods as they do then the picture will change.

Back