Busa not a track weapon huh! video/pics

Nice!
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120419042 -->

Don't know if you will be able to see it but here is the track map with some notes on it of where the wrecks were, top speeds, and spots I got the knee down.
smile.gif

BigMap2.JPG

To hard to read do to the post resize. Black circles = knee drag in turn 1,2,3,4 & 9. R6 wrecked after turn 2 and 4. GSXR1K wrecked after turn 9. Max speed on front straight 182mph, max speed on back straight 150mph. The pic can be saved and opened up on your computer to see full size if interested.
smile.gif

Awesome pics man! I've gotta get over to PIR and do that!

are your pegs raised? Looks like you are really leaning without the standard scrapage

Thanks Justintime-- very very much fun to be had by all it seems. Great pic's. I too went to a track day last month. Big bulging eyes--sore arms from braking-- Doohan darkies they said, i did--But never have i drug a knee--don't know why--maybe next time, I see you had a pro camera man on track-- sweet--- we too have that option at Apex sponsored track days--Plus a guy on a race prepped ZX10 with a video camera-- who will follow you for 10 laps-- for 75.00 bucks--sound and vid. Location-- Reno-Fernly-Raceway.com 2.4 mile about a 90 mph average---i was doing 1.33 minute laps--record is around 1.17-- i was hitting 143 mph on the front staight--GPS--more to come.
Ps-- your race tuck looks wicked---- WooHoo
biggrin.gif

They're only good in a straight line... yeah yeah yeah.. excellent pics bro

Ps-- your race tuck looks wicked----
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Agreed, probably because he is so tall! I know Justin is a tall mofo, well over 6' if I had to guess.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys! I definitely have a few shots that I will blow up and enjoy!

The Busa is unbelieveable on the track and anyone that thinks they can't perform outside of a straight line needs to see the pics and shut-up. But I also realize that I probably pushed the her/me combo to it's limits on the track, especially with street tires, and feel that if I went farther the unthinkable could happen. With that said at the end of the day I was emboldened and almost trying to wreck by pushing harder and turning in tighter but she just wouldn't budge. From watching my buddy on the GSXR1K go down it was apparent just how close to the edge of traction we were and just a slight change in angle or upset in suspension at that point can cut you loose.

We are creating a racing team with a 4 bike trailer and 4 1K track only bikes. The Busa will not be sold but may not go back to the track again either. I just have too much money invested in her to see it go down. I did go to the track knowing that the possibility of wrecking was high and accepted that and would repair as necessary if it happened. But after pushing so far and having such a good time, I realize I can continue to do this with a less expensive motorcycle. I have not ruled out the possibility of getting a roughed up Busa and slimming it down to race. It will take awhile to get things rolling on this so I have some time to figure it out.

Anyone who has not done a track day, it is the funnest thing you will ever do on your motocycle, period. You do not have to push the limits to have fun, it is fun just being there, no tickets, no speed limits, awesome instructors, no road distractions. I do recommend frame sliders from all that I have seen here and at the track. The method for finding the center point to cut the fairing works great!

This guy is fast, railing the track. Listen to him down shift mid turn. Anyone have enough balls to try that one at speed in a corner?

This is me at the staging line ready to take the first lap of the day. You may not be able to tell but the excitement, anxiety and expectation in my eyes is obvious. Never realized how much of a bullet the front end is until I looked at this photo!
smile.gif

Starting_line.JPG

So how fast was Mike taking that corner and how fast were you guys able to take it?

Back