Another Track Day /Crash...PICS

damn dood , you got bawls! ...I am scared just looking at those wet track pics.
I'm With You BV.....
wow.gif

Stkr, Bad ass pics. Looks like you had a blast even though you took a spill. Riding in the rain is a crazy thing for sure. I got to try it out at roebling road once. No rain tires though, just a set of sc2/sc3's.

Oh and sorry to hijack, but I am trying a new tire here real soon. td1200/td1800 michelin slicks. Have you tried them yet by chance?

Stkr, Bad ass pics. Looks like you had a blast even though you took a spill. Riding in the rain is a crazy thing for sure. I got to try it out at roebling road once. No rain tires though, just a set of sc2/sc3's.

Oh and sorry to hijack, but I am trying a new tire here real soon. td1200/td1800 michelin slicks. Have you tried them yet by chance?
The only tires I've tried on the track are:

Bridgestone BT-56's (Hayabusa) Worked really well as long as you're smooth.

Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsas - Stuck really well, but they came with the track bike, and I was unsure of the heat cycles...saved em for emergency take-offs.

Pirelli Dragon Rains - Crashed on em twice. Once due to leaning too dam far, and this last time due to "I think" a sticking brake caliper/warped brake rotor. Otherwise they work well.

Dunlop Supermax 208 GPA(front)/208 GP-JLB(rear) - These are a race compound DOT tire. They stick like glue, but Advanced riders will only get 2-3 track days out of them. I haven't tried these in the rain...yet.

cool.gif

damn dood , you got bawls! ...I am scared just looking at those wet track pics.
I'm With You BV.....  
wow.gif
Come on guys...it really isn't that bad
wink.gif

I rode back to the track yesterday to meet up the Busa_05, and ended up riding about 150 miles in the rain. I was on the Harley, but it was still pouring. The enitrire round trip was 180 miles, so in general...it SUKED! I think the bike is still drip drying in the garage.
laugh.gif

Jason (Busa_05) is going to be doing his FIRST track day today. Hopefully it will stay dry for him. Wish him luck.
cool.gif

very cool, bro...but what's the deal with smooching the blacktop?
tounge.gif
Kiddin, kiddin...
cool.gif

I'm still envious as heck, though. Man....I'd give a left nut for some track time...

very cool, bro...but what's the deal with smooching the blacktop?
tounge.gif
Kiddin, kiddin...
cool.gif

I'm still envious as heck, though. Man....I'd give a left nut for some track time...
I'm trying to "become one with the track" so that we can co-exist in harmony.
laugh.gif

I got the calipers off last night, and they seem really stiff, so I'm betting this is what caused the front end to slide while it was raining, but not enough drag to feel it when it's dry.

I'm going to rebuild the calipers this winter so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. I've also got to verify the brake rotor offset between the two rims and make sure everything is within spec. Used race bikes are a handfull, but for the price, I'm not complaining. I'll have it all sorted out by the springtime.
cool.gif

cool.gif

Here's another pic of what the weather was like on Saturday. YES...they do actually race in this crap.
wow.gif

danmarkcrash.jpg

as nuts as it sounds, I would race in that crap too....

I'm getting chills just lookin at the pics....and I'm getin the fever.

Back