Track day

bluebusa13204

Registered
I will be picking up my 2017 Busa this June........in upstate NY. Does anything exist in that area like a track day? Pay and take your bike out on a track to practice; not necessarily racing, but just learning to drive it better and have some fun.

I see some past posts to this subject, but they were years ago and don't think they were in NYS. I would rather practice there than on the road.

I will be picking up my 2017 Hayabusa this June . . . . . . . .

In upstate New York.

Does anything exist in that area like a track day ?

Pay and take your bike out on a track to practice;
not necessarily racing, but just learning
to drive it better and have some fun .

I see some past posts to this subject,
but they were years ago
and don't think they were
in New York State .

I would rather practice there than on the road .

I've only been riding 2 years, after my first year I bought a '02 Hayabusa.

I took a safety and riding class to get my motorcycle endorsement, then followed up with their advance riding course. All before I bought my first bike. ('05 Suzuki Boulevard C50) The C50 still great to ride, especially for group rides or "poker runs."

I had never ridden any sportbike before buying my Busa. The riding courses I attended only had small cruisers and dual sports to practice on, though it did teach great riding techniques.

After buying my Busa I had to "relearn" how to ride because everything "felt" different. Luckily, before buying I read and watch many riding tips and reviews !

I've been on my Busa for a year and I do NEED to take it to the track. (luckily I haven't gotten killed or a ticket yet) My first step in getting to the track is getting the bike "prepped."

Here's what I've gotten so far:

Chinese fairing kit with fuel tank, new bolts and windscreen
second radiator fan
brake/clutch leavers
shift/rear brake leavers
"race" double H front/rear brake pads
race slick tires (still looking for cheap used front/rear rims)
silicone radiator hoses kit (5 piece with clamps)
Non-Glycol coolant
stainless steel reusable oil filter
double Ester synthetic motor oil
Carpenter clutch modification kit (billet ring that holds lock up mechanism & heavy duty clutch springs)
K&N air filter
braided clutch/front & rear brake lines
stator coil
regulator/rectifier
starter and relay solenoid
Lithium battery with built in management
-1 tooth (16) front sprocket/40 tooth rear sprocket (both steel with factory pitch)
"xw" ring race chain
Z Bomb top speed eliminator
plug and play gear indicator

There are a few others items I DO need to get like; racing suit/boots/gloves and drill press for safety wiring bolts. Along with other cosmetic upgrades.

I didn't NEED to get "all" the items listed above, though my Busa is over 15 years old (9700 miles now) and I don't want to chance issues later. Better to change out what I can afford at the same time, while it's apart. It's also time for valve adjustment and tune up.

Second step, getting ME "prepped." I think this step is more important than getting the bike ready for the track; because money/time spent on bike can't compare to my life. This is where my path crosses with yours !

The California Superbike School is going to be at the New Jersey Motorsports Park; about 5 hours from Syracuse NY; on 7/30, 7/31, 8/20 & 8/21.

I don't know your riding experience though professional riders go to this school to improve their skills, so I feel safe in saying; "attending a course (they have 4) would be great time on the track & improve your riding skills."

With me having no track experience and considering the amount of money I've spent on "upgrades;" I'm using their bike when I attend !!! At least for level 1.

I'm cheap. may not seem like it from my "upgrades," though I think cost of the school ($525 using your bike or $725 using theirs) in worth investing in to improving my riding ability. I like that the school's focus in on improving my vision/attention/focus, riding techniques and cornering; therefore making me a better and faster rider.

I'm planning level 1 on their bike, then level 2 on my Busa.

Maybe your thread here will bring some of us Busa owners together ! Then we can post pictures and videos proving, "Hayabusa's can corner & be tracked !!!"

Last edited:
The California Superbike School experience was great !!

I'm going to attend another session soon.

The school will be in NJ in July & August.

Do you want to go ?

I will not be using the schools bike for my next track day, I'm bring my 'Busa.

There are many reasons I bought a 'Busa over other bikes. After riding the school's BMW S1000RR on the track, they all became more relevant.

For me; the 'Busa has a much more comfortable riding position, easier to room around on/in and confidence inspiring. Peg position, shifter location & feel/feedback, grip height/position, rider ergonomics are far superior on my 'Busa for me.

I'll be traveling from Missouri to NJ if you want to go, let me know !!

Who wants to meet up ?

The 2019 CSS Schedule has been released.

Here are some east coast events

CSS 2019 - 1.jpg

CSS 2019 - 2.jpg

CSS 2019 - 3.jpg

Back