Shannonville Track Day Pics

Rumble Ripper

Registered
Hi Everyone:

Well just got back from a two day track Course (FAST Course) at Shannonville Motorsport park in southern ontario. Needless to say it was a blast. The instructors were top notch and the course was very safety oriented so fun could be had by all levels of riders. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their street riding skills.
The circuit we rode was the Neilson track which is 1.8 Kms and has 7 turns, most of which were clockwise. This two day sessions saw some very fast riders. One of the participants on the second day set a new FAST course record for course participants of 62.9 seconds. The pro record for the course is 53 seconds I was told. The chap that did the 62.9 was blistering, so I could just imagine what the 53 seconds was like. I did quite respectable, with a 68 second best lap, and was able to touch my sliders through most of the corners.
I just wish the track was not three and a half hours from home, so I could do the course more often.
Anyway, some pics that were taken by the pro photog on site:

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_1311.jpg

SLC_0172.jpg

DSC_1066.jpg

DSC_1325.jpg

DSC_1356.jpg

DSC_1504.jpg

DSC_1298.jpg

DSC_1527.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

Rumble Ripper

SLC_0172.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_1066.jpg

DSC_1298.jpg

DSC_1311.jpg

DSC_1325.jpg

DSC_1356.jpg

DSC_1504.jpg

DSC_1527.jpg

Ooh, I so want a track day!
Looks like fun and great pics (I like No 5)
:beerchug: bro
Bubba

That's it ladies & gentleman. He's officially hooked :laugh:

Good stuff Rumble. Hard to beat the feeling of those goose bumps you get after a well run lap isn't it!? :thumbsup:

Pretty soon you'll be coming up w/ all kinds of excuses to get away. ........ 3 1/2 hours away exactly :laugh:

Been there for BMW National Rally and did a track day there. Short straightaway and lots of curves. Cool track definitely good for smaller displacements they can come out of the corners a little stronger. Nice job riding and way cool pics. Boy you ahd fun! Wardie

Awsome pics bro!!!

When i had my bike i should have made it a point to go up there. Its less than 2 hours from my place.

Thats their bike you are using right?? Was the record set on their bikes or that persons own bike??

thats amazing dude!...
my friend just did same course on aug 26th... and said it was awsome

he was just pissed because he was there for only 1 day and not 2... and camera man didnt get his progression on his pictures later on in the day lol...

anyways thumbs up to a fellow local ontario rider!
we still have to try and come up and hook up with you to do the gravenhurst / muskoka lake roads you speak about.... we'll see since the seaon is coming close to an end...

so tell me... did you get your beautiful monster down like you did on that little baby gsxr 600?

Awesome! I did the FAST school last summer on the #4 R6 so my pics look very much like yours. It is amazing how much you can learn when you have great instructors like Michel Mercier and Jeff Gaynor telling you what you are doing right and wrong and how to correct in the next session. For me Shannonville is 2.5 hrs away so not so bad but the school itself is a little expensive for me to do on a regular basis especially when you include hotel/meals etc.

FAST@shannonville 022.jpg

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the comments. Yes it is a short track and only 7 turns, but no LEO's!!!:thumbsup:
XIIIR, as for getting my busa down like the GSXR, I have not brought it to the track, and on the street, I try not to get to aggressive. If I am going to be down that low on the street, I want to be 100% sure the turn is clear, meaning I can see all the way around the turn. Outside of a few offramps, not many tight turns like that. The long sweepers you can see more ahead of you, but the kind of speed you have to carry in those turns is not worth losing my driving privileges for.
Let me know if you get up my way, and we can hook up for a ride in the area.

Ride safe everyone.:beerchug:

Rumble

Ya. Fast is money well spent. My wife is a little ticked at all the money I have spent but, I have been half a dozen times over the last 4 or 5 years. Two days back to back last year.

Now I'm saving my pennies for Kevin Schwantz school. That will be sweet.

Worth every penny spent. I was hooked five minutes into my very first track day... You look like you were having a blast. How long did the perma grin last after the day was over?

Back