track day pics

WWJD,

Sounds like you had a great time.

I have done some track days on a KZ600, am thinking of doing a 2 day track day/school in October with the Busa, since that is the bike I ride on the street.

Any suggestions about taking the Busa on the track?

Thanks

WWJD,

Looks like fun! Ben and I may havta make a trip out your way to join ya! Pucks look awesome dude!

Of course, we will be on half-busa's...

-Rip

gaw, just make sure you have plenty of tread and lower PSI to about 32 - all the 600's and 1000's use 30 - 31, but I figure the busa is heavier and need a lil more PSI support, but that's just my theory. Also, don't be afraid to learn her over. I have scraped my fairing on the track and never felt any slipage.... the busa is WIDER than track bikes, so I dont think you can get as much lean, so knee dragging probably helps. I say probably because I have no other track bike experience to compare it too. Don't go wide and off a turn, fight your preservation instinct and just lean her more. Tighten your stock suspension. When my confidence grew I started hammering out of the corners, lifting the weight off the front and it wobbles a bit, so a tighter suspension helped that - as did adjusting my technique. Swallow your Ego, as the smaller bikes will be passing you left and right, there is a lot of great riders at tracks and it's not a contest anyway. But it's a FREAKIN BLAST!!! Class is a great idea adn they will cover everything you need to know! Have fun and I wanna see pics!!!
smile.gif
Just remember the Busa is NOT really a track bike, but it worked for me!!

Thanks, Oracle, the knee dragging stuff is REALLY confidnece inspiring: after hanging off the seat out in space for so long, wondering about my lean angle, it was SO COOL to feel the track under my knee, TELLING me how secure the bike was and my position in realation to the bike!! WONDERFUL. Weird to try to explain, but I bet you know what I'm talking about! Let me know if you guys travel to midwest track days and I would love to meet ya out there. There's a NEW track west of Chicago called Autobahncountryhttp://www.autobahncountryclub.net/

That I might goto in September if it's finished yet. What class do you ride in? I'm sort of hoplessly [but happily] stuck in beginner due to busa's inability's... I have no intention of modding it into a track bike. Yeah, I'm weird, but diversified.
smile.gif

DCAM0293.JPG

smile.gif

You mentioned that you hit a peg on one of the turns, do the pegs limit the ability of the busa to lean lower?

That sound a bit scary at high speeds. i have scrapped pegs on other bikes, but not at that lean angle or speed.

stock pegs have that little poker sticking down so those will scrape first, and they are made to do that, notice they will fold up and back spring loaded when that happens. hiking your butt off and dragging a knee lowers your center of gravity and the bike can stay upright a little more and still take the corner. I'm no Keith Code, but that's what *I* feel. you can also remove the peg extenders [or whatever they are callled] but I'd prefer to keep them and drag a knee instead. maybe if I get better, I will remove those pokers, but for now they will tell me I'm close to scraping the fairing.

fairing touches track on previous track day. my busa is BONE STOCK btw.... well I pulled the reflectors off
smile.gif

smallscrape.JPG

I am in the "I" group and Ben is in the "A" group. We will still have fun with ya. Have you bought an XT timer yet? If not get one... Someone prolly brings a transmitter, so you only need the receiver. Also, buy some rearsets so you stop doing the above nastiness!

-Rip

I and A groups... COOL! I was gonna try the I group but my buddy was in into and we wanted to be on the track at same time. Then seemed like I was getting passed by beginners, so I guess I'll be stuck there. What exactly is a REARSET anyway? And an XT timer? I'm not a full blown track rider, just a hobbyist.
smile.gif
So, I have no plans to mod my busa up or get too much better. Sure makes my bike feel nimble on the street after a day or tossing it around on the track!
biggrin.gif

Nice pics guys. If anybody knows of any free track days on the west coast let me know all the ones I've been to cost from $150-280.

Back