Busa Noob

lol that sounds like a resounding yes.
I just sold my 05 with 21K miles on it and dropped for 6500. You do the math.
If I ever sell it I'm moving it Eaton Ohio, that's crazy!:thumbsup:

Sorry to all who offered to buy it in case I failed to, I told the guy I'd take it today, picking the bike up Saturday :super:
Pictures soon to follow and thanks for the warm welcome peeps :beerchug:

Ok I got the bike today but I'm having camera problems so no pics yet.
The other downside is the bike is in a bit worse shape than I thought. I knew that the right side passenger assembly was bent pretty bad and planned on getting a new one (anyone got a spare lol?) however looking from directly behind the bike the shovel is cockeyed in relation to the wheel. Whoever dropped that thing dropped it good since it looks like that seat rail subframe is bent. Tire wear looks pretty even so I'm pretty sure the actual frame isn't bent, just the black steal tubing that the rear stuff mounts to, but it looks terrible from behind. I want to take care of this before I do anything else with the bike just so I know I'm not getting in over my head with anything.

Does anyone have any ideas to deal with the bent seat rail? The OEM sites I'm looking at have it at ~$500 which I'm not paying, I see some on ebay for $100-150 which is much more reasonable but I'm wondering if I might be able to bend it back. I want to believe it's possible but it seems like a darn sturdy piece of work so maybe someone on here has some experience with that.

The bodywork as mentioned is pretty rough but the good news is that I have a friend that paints who might repaint it for just the cost of the paint to promote his work :thumbsup: since he's planning on opening up his own body shop in the future. So what color do you guys think? The bike is currently red/black, he's thinking black pearl for it, I'm just worried it'll look nice to the point that I don't want to ride it :laugh: He also said something about doing it just for the cost if I give him creative freedom over it.

Have to buy new headlight bulbs so I think I'm gonna go HID, but it was peculiar, the bike had the upper bulb however the lower bulb inside the cyclops looking thing was missing and the hole was covered up with painters tape which I thought was rather odd but I can't think of any explanation for it.

That's all for now but I'll keep you all posted.

Last edited:
Back