Busa Noob

davenpcm

Registered
So I won't lie I haven't always been the biggest fan of Hayabusas, their large size was a turn off and I couldn't make up my mind about the styling. Besides these concerns I'm also dirt poor and didn't think I would be able to afford one.

I got my motorcycle license when I turned 18, having ridden dirtbikes for several years, rode my dad's Yamaha V-Star 1100 for about a year and then purchased a new Yamaha FZ6 in 2004. Almost 6 years later and I've come to start looking for a replacement, not actively but thinking about it. The FZ has been a fantastic bike but I just wanted to try something different. Lo and behold of course my little brother sends me a text message saying one of his good friends needs to get rid of his 'busa so I say I'll take a look (and a test drive of course :laugh: ).

I must say that I was extremely impressed. All the years I had been riding and all I ever heard about 'busas was how powerful they are and while yes, there was power aplenty, no one mentioned how smoothly it ran, I couldn't believe it, no shakes or rattles or stutters, just smooth, the power curve seemed very smooth. To say the least I was impressed.

Unfortunately I have not purchased it YET. Going to discuss a loan for it today but I had been lurking on these forums for the past couple weeks (the sheer number of easy appearance mods for the busa is staggering :thumbsup: ) and I figured I'd drop a post to say hello to everyone and get their opinion. It seemed to me and my Yamaha dealer friends to be a fantastic deal.

The bike is a 2005 red/black, 5200 miles, Leo Vince exhaust, and lowered (not sure how much but pushing that thing around a garage and going slow in a gravel driveway was like riding a shetland pony around ??? ) on it's 2nd owner. My one beef and I am rather picky about cars and cycles for some reason is that he let one of his buddies drive it one day last year...yeah you can guess how that went...dropped it :down: . The right side cowling has some scratching, the right side fairing is jacked up fairly bad, half dollar sized dent on the right side of the gas tank, right side exhaust bent slightly and scraped up, and right rear cowling scratched somewhat. While it does look rough I took the bike for about a 20 minute ride and the engine suspension seem to be in fantastic shape.

I was hesitant when I first heard about the bike and saw the damage however the person selling it I found out had purchased the right side fairing panel (around $500 at least I'm guessing?) he will give it away with the bike. In addition to this the bike has a new battery, though the rear tire is mediocre condition. I wasn't looking for a new bike too hard and as I said I wasn't the biggest fan of the 'busa but the guy is asking $3800. this seems like an extremely good deal to me and I would be wary but the guy is a close friend of my little brothers. He bought the bike last year as a toy with about 4300 miles drove it for a while got a nasty speeding ticket on it, and after the ticket he just kinda rode it less and less and decided he's tired of having it in his garage and wants it gone (trust me he is not hurting for money lol).

So, what do you all think :grinning:

I think if you dont buy it, someone else will, really good deal. Welcome to the oRg, and I dont think you will be disappointed. She may seem a little bigger than your previous bike, but after you get to know her, other bikes will feel like toys when you ride them.

Sounds like a good deal to me, If I knew where it was and it was close it would be in my Garage.

Get it / Ride it / Love it.

First welcome to the oRg. :hello:
Sounds like a faif price for the bike. Cosmetic damage can be fixed, so if you really feel like you want the bike get it. If the fact that it is scratched up a bit bothers you wait a while and look for a different one......

I've got a little more room in my garage, what was that guy's number again? :p Oh yeah, :welcome: to the .oRg
Posted via Mobile Device

lowered (not sure how much but pushing that thing around a garage and going slow in a gravel driveway was like riding a shetland pony around ??? )

:lol: That made me giggle... that is how I feel the difference between my R6 (tht I am tippy toe on) and my Busa (that I am flat footed on).

Sounds like a good deal! Hope to welcome you to the Busa Owners Group soon!!

when you buy it...

bottle.jpg

On a serious note. buy it you will love it... cosmetic dmg can be fixed. If you don't buy it let me know his name and number....:whistle:

I just sold my 05 with 21K miles on it and dropped for 6500. You do the math.

:welcome:

Sounds like a good deal to me, used parts for a gen I are plentiful, with a little effort it sounds like it could be a nice ride and one that you could break even on or maybe even turn a few dollars on if you needed to part with it for some reason.

Back