Deposit paid - general noob questions please

bloke

Registered
Hi there.

Quick introduction first I suppose. I'm living in Ireland and I've just put a few quid down on a busa (not my first bike!!) it's a 2002 reg bike - the blue and silver colour scheme. Very very clean, on one side! The other side has some road rash but I'm pretty sure it's a straight bike. I took it for a spin and it rides very nicely and the mileage is low also (11k). Anyway, the price reflects the cosmetic damage so it's definitely a good buy as far as I can tell.
smile.gif

Just wondering if anyone can point me to a busa family tree of sorts - the model history specifically. I've heard about the early model problems with rear subframes cracking and was there an oil breather recall of some sort. The owner seems to know his stuff and says that both of those issues were addressed before the '02 model.

Thought I'd ask the experts just in case
bowdown.gif

Anything else i should look out for?

Check the welds @ the neck, ride it down the road and turn loose of the handlebars,is there any vibration (excessive) coming through the bars,how many owners?

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
Good luck with the bike. If you know a zuki mechanic have them look it over good. No advise on the '02

Welcome !! I had no problems with my 02 , niether has my buddy.

Thanks for advice. 2 owners, Guy selling it has had it three years and had a busa before that as well. He has several other bikes, has not been using the busa much of late and doesn't envisage using it this summer either. He's got a fully tricked up pan for himself and his missus to go off round europe for the summer.

I was lucky to get this bike. It went up for sale and sold very quickly to the first guy who saw it so by the time I got a chance to view it was actually gone. However the original buyer had trouble getting the funds together and I had second dibs on the bike so to speak. Seller rang me, I went up for a gander (a look) and despite myself (I wasn't looking for a busa at all - I had kind of decided on a 600rr!!
biggrin.gif
) I decided I'd have to take it. Apart from the one panel which is scratched it really is in very very nice condition. It has two "Ixil" titanium cans - they're a french manufacturer and they really suit the bike, the originals also come with the bike. It's got a Thatcham category 1 alarm, it's low mileage and it's obviously been well cared for.

It was just such a good deal on a clean bike that I simply couldn't turn it down. Even if I only pick it up and drive straight to my local bike dealer and use it as an immediate trade-in, I would get more than I'm paying for the bike cash.

Course it's nothing like the kind of deals you guys can avail of over in the states, the prices here are much much higher. A new busa over here costs about 15,000 euro , which is about 21 thousand US dollars
SHOCKED.gif

Anyway, I'm hoping it'll prove a much more practical and legitamate mode of transport than a supersport 600. I had an R1 for the last 3 or 4 years and it was great for work trips down the country when the gf needed the car. The busa should be better again.

Looking forward to it now I must say. I haven't had a bike of any kind for the last 3 months or so.

Woo hoo!

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the org, bloke!

Congrats on the new (to you) bike!
beerchug.gif

After the first ride... you're gonna be begging the g/f to take the car more often!
biggrin.gif

Back