Busa future ??

While sales stay high on the Busa, It will stay around. There is too much of a cult following to kill a bike turning a profit. I don't think many of us are going to sell our Busa for a 1k. My have one of each, but not trade.

Exactly! :beerchug:

How many stock busa can power up at 70mph?? I've only seen 1st gear wheelies by a busa or zx1400. And I know they have power.

Im not taking anything away from the busa at all. I guess this is just a case of different kinda riders. Both the busa and the 1K are bad ass bike.

2nd gear power wheelies all day long...

Thaks for all the responses people !!!

And when it comes to 2-up, I think the Busa stands alone !!

The wife and I have done over 700 miles in 1 day two up on a stock busa. The last 50 miles were a little tough. Since then I've done the Buel peg mod and put a Corbin seat on the back for my wife. :thumbsup:

How many stock busa can power up at 70mph?? I've only seen 1st gear wheelies by a busa or zx1400. And I know they have power.

Im not taking anything away from the busa at all. I guess this is just a case of
different kinda riders. Both the busa and the 1K are bad ass bike.[/QUOTE

2nd gear 6 grand and half handful of throttle puts it right up:thumbsup:

The Busa will remain viable for a long time coming because of the ergonomics attracting tall riders. At 6'4" I can be comfortable for a short period on a 1k or even a 600 but the Busa feels like a nice broken in leather couch compared to smaller machines.

Umm Umm Umm I have nothing for that one :bowdown:

Didnt mean to turn this in to a can a busa wheelie thread. But now I know they can. :beerchug:

:laugh:

I take my Busa to the drag strip (Famoso) on test and tune nights. I launch most of the time and come straight up on a wheelie (4500 RPM Launch, slipping the clutch) and unless there is a problem that would warrant coming off the throttle to set it down, I ride it through a good portion of second before it comes down on it's own. I do need to learn how to keep the front end down better and launch harder, but that's another story !!:laugh:

Enjoy your Gixxer 1K Brutha, they definitely are a wonderful machine !! :beerchug:

When I attended my first Busa Bash, honestly I was astounded that at 40 years old, I was a young'un among many riders.

Seems the Busa attracts the older crowd, the guys that know what a 427 was, recognize Walter Cronkite and can whistle the theme to Andy Griffith!

Not many in the over 40 crowd riding crotch rockets so until we all get too old the Busa will probably stay around!

Raybusa, this post does not apply to you....

When I attended my first Busa Bash, honestly I was astounded that at 40 years old, I was a young'un among many riders.

Seems the Busa attracts the older crowd, the guys that know what a 427 was, recognize Walter Cronkite and can whistle the theme to Andy Griffith!

Not many in the over 40 crowd riding crotch rockets so until we all get too old the Busa will probably stay around!

Raybusa, this post does not apply to you....

??? Of course not, I don't ride crotch rockets...I ride Sport Bikes:cheerleader:

The BUSA will be around for a long ,long time :cheerleader: Probably live to see a third styling change.The bike simply covers all aspects of riding, with out much extra thought(set-up), as to which genre it will procede to excell in!:bowdown: It does it ALL...:beerchug:

My question is, with the 1000's being as nasty as they are, what do you think is going to happen with the Busa in the next couple of years ??

I mean the 1K's have just as much power, but are lighter, and handle better. The only reason I can think of getting a Busa now would be for looks, or comfort on longer rides. Do you think the Hayabusa will ever take the lead the way it did in 99, or is that even possible ??

If Suzuki keeps making busas like this you don't have to worry about them going anywhere.

09 busa.jpg

I have raced alot of 1ks at the the drag track and never been beat. As a matter fact it usally wasnt even close. Full second advantage stock motor on motor. So 1ks should stick to the twisties and let the "Big Dogs" burn the track up.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
I have raced alot of gixxer 1000's at the track and have never been beat. As a matter of fact it wasnt even close, a full second advantage stock motor on stock motor. So i guess the gixxer 1000's should stick to the twisties and let the "Big Dogs" burn up the track.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:sorry about the duplicate razzing just felt it ya'll needed it.

Last edited:
I have a '05 ZX-10R (first gen), after one hour of riding on it, I start to get uncomfortable. I also have a '06 Busa that I have rode 650 miles straight and was still able to enjoy the rest of the day.

Onboard storage: My 10R can carry my insurance papers and a digital camera. My Busa can carry an extra set of jeans, shirt, sox, bottle of water, hat, sunglasses, camera, hand towel, flashlight and tire gage.

I have since retired the Busa from trackdays and I will not take the 10R to the drag strip while I have the Busa. When I want to be a hooligan I will ride the 10R on the streets and fight wheelies all day long and have an absolute blast. When on the Busa, I never get tested by cagers, and there are many exotic cars here in sin city to choose from. Added bonus is that everybody can identify and appreciate a Busa.

Back