Busa future ??

kennym4

Registered
My question is, with the 1000's being as nasty as they are, what do you think is going to happen with the Busa in the next couple of years ??

I mean the 1K's have just as much power, but are lighter, and handle better. The only reason I can think of getting a Busa now would be for looks, or comfort on longer rides. Do you think the Hayabusa will ever take the lead the way it did in 99, or is that even possible ??

boost the busa and you won't have issues. honestly though, I think they have completely different markets. There are a ton of guys in my area with 600s and 1ks and I used to invite them on our day trips (400 mi + usually) and they ALWAYS turn me down. They say they can't ride that long without being cramped up. Most of the those guys cruise around in town and thats about it.

I think the busa brings a certain type of people and the smaller bikes brings another type of crowd.

:poke:

Yes, the Hayabusa has it's market segment and probably won't change much for several more years. The beauty, comfort, speed , with decent handling package is what sold me on my Busa and probably is the reason most others have bought theirs. We like them that way. And I, like most Busa owners, will buy another one when I get tired of this one.:thumbsup:

I raced (roll on) an 05 busa with my 07 1K. The busa was not running right so it really wasn't a fair race for him. I have also roll on raced an 06 zx1400 W/dual muzzy slip ons and pcIII with a tune. I got him by about 3 bikes. So yes the 1K is very fast but so is the busa. I dont think the busa will go anywhere its here to stay. When I got my 07 I was torn between the 1K or the busa. The fact that the 1K was just as fast as the busa and I could do wheelies with the 1K is what made me pick the 1K.

fstbusa is right. Two different bikes, two different types of riders. I can and have went on long rides with my 1K. This summer alone I went on a 450 mile ride and a 360 mile
ride.

I think it can be summed up best by noting that the Gixxer 1k is a trophy-winning raw sport bike; plain and simple.

The 'busa, on the other hand, can be defined as a sport-tourer, among many other things (of course).

For the most part, the Gixxer is track-bred...not so, necessarily for the 'busa.

Some thoughts...

I think it can be summed up best by noting that the Gixxer 1k is a trophy-winning raw sport bike; plain and simple.

The 'busa, on the other hand, can be defined as a sport-tourer, among many other things (of course).

For the most part, the Gixxer is track-bred...not so, necessarily for the 'busa.

Some thoughts...
Eloquently spoken as usual Sir.

As stated it's two different markets for the most part. The Busa draws a different crowd. Yes there are people who buy it because of it's reputation for being the fastest thing around, but it's a great all around bike. You can ride it distance, you can blow just about anything on the road away with the flick of a wrist, use it for commuting or you can get down in the twisties. (There are a few guys here who think they can drag a knee on them :poke:) Yes the 1k will be the better bike on the track, but most of the busa market is not just about the track. :beerchug:

and @ Scar :moon:

Some thoughts...
ahh yup... not even the same crowd..

if the Busa was not around, I would buy a different brand bike to fit my needs..

Gixxer is not even a close second choice.. fact not even on my list...

My question is, with the 1000's being as nasty as they are, what do you think is going to happen with the Busa in the next couple of years ??

I mean the 1K's have just as much power, but are lighter, and handle better. The only reason I can think of getting a Busa now would be for looks, or comfort on longer rides. Do you think the Hayabusa will ever take the lead the way it did in 99, or is that even possible ??

ban-key.gif

if the Busa was not around, I would buy a different brand bike to fit my needs..

I like them both, but then again, I think I like just about any bike that weighs in at 500 pounds or less :)

I don't think the busa will ever be quite the same as when it first hit the scene but I don't think it's going anywhere either.

I chose the busa over the 1000 for a few reasons.. Comfort. I didn't want a wheelie machine. Aftermarket. Styling. Just to name a few... Have no regrets.:beerchug:

It is all in the sales. If it goes below margins it will be gone. If they sell great they will stay around and update.

I chose the busa because of the looks and the riding postion. When I was looking the 14 just came out and the sales person offered me a deal on it. I still choose the Busa.:cheerleader: And the 1k was 1500.00 more then the busa.

While sales stay high on the Busa, It will stay around. There is too much of a cult following to kill a bike turning a profit. I don't think many of us are going to sell our Busa for a 1k. My have one of each, but not trade.

They are 2 different animals. But I agree if sales drop they become instinct. But I dont think thats going to happen they made for differnt kinda riders. Going to turbo just to make sure these young whippersnappers remember their place (the twisties).

Well... if theres always a flow of aging sport bike riders with a back injury or two, I think there will always be a market.

You are aware that the Busa is a Gixxer...right? GSXR1300:whistle:

Back