Busa Verses Gixxer 1k

Get a copy of Sport Rider - they just did a 1000 shootout. The others don't even compare. BU-BYE ZX-10, SAYONARA R-1, and SO-LONG CBR!!!!! The GIXXER is the King AGAIN!
>>>>>>>

Thats not true about they dont even compare, did you bother to read the article?
smile.gif
 THe ZX-10 is a close second ...the R1 and Honda are still excellent machines.
Okay - Okay.... so I am an exagerating Suzuki guy...... just glad to see the Zuk out on top again.....

Oh yeah guys. The new official 1/4 numbers for the bike are 9.77 seconds.....
If the bike you rode was slower, then it was you - not the bike. 05 1K was slower?? Ummmm - no. Sorry guys. Its got as much HP as our 1300's.... and weighs a HELL of a lot less.

The Suzuki GSXR 1000K5 is the fastest stock bike as of this year. Sorry to bring the bad news - remember I LOVE MY BUSA! But this is the truth.

Get a copy of Sport Rider - they just did a 1000 shootout. The others don't even compare. BU-BYE ZX-10, SAYONARA R-1, and SO-LONG CBR!!!!! The GIXXER is the King AGAIN!
the bike I rode was an 03 stock Zuk 1000
To me it was slower then my busa without a doubt.

Busa just as fast as a 1k in the twisties... Thats funny.

Put the pipe down bro.

Can't beleive the 05 is turning 9.77 thats fast. The mags arent always truth tho.

That I can do. I still have my Busa and recently got an 05 1K to replace my 02.

The new gixxer is a handful. Although not a Busa, its not far behind in acceleration, top speed and is ahead of the busa in handling. Its just a matter of what types of riding you want to do. Busa's corner nice, gixxers corner great. A good rider on one of the new 1k's will humble some busa riders.
Just a couple of pics of the new toy
looks good... love that color
cool.gif

If the bike you rode was slower, then it was you - not the bike. 05 1K was slower?? Ummmm - no. Sorry guys. Its got as much HP as our 1300's.... and weighs a HELL of a lot less.

The Suzuki GSXR 1000K5 is the fastest stock bike as of this year. Sorry to bring the bad news - remember I LOVE MY BUSA! But this is the truth.

hmmm...
biggrin.gif

I'll be having two of the fastest bike in my garage!! Now thats gonna be fun "3"

My wife told me in about a year i cab buy a new bike so ive been thinkin about what i want, either a new 1K or Busa. I'm 5'8 135 and i like how light the 1K is but i like the looks of the Busa. I can also sit flat footed on the Busa. Everyone around here has a Gixxer too so that makes me want something different, once again leaning me toward the Busa. Any suggestions?

My wife told me in about a year i cab buy a new bike so ive been thinkin about what i want, either a new 1K or Busa. I'm 5'8 135 and i like how light the 1K is but i like the looks of the Busa. I can also sit flat footed on the Busa. Everyone around here has a Gixxer too so that makes me want something different, once again leaning me toward the Busa. Any suggestions?
Go with the Busa. The 1K's are sweet, but nothing will replace the Busa IMHO

The new 1000's are light, narrow and sit a little high. Nothing a set of links cant fix

My wife told me in about a year i cab buy a new bike so ive been thinkin about what i want, either a new 1K or Busa.  I'm 5'8 135 and i like how light the 1K is but i like the looks of the Busa.  I can also sit flat footed on the Busa.  Everyone around here has a Gixxer too so that makes me want something different, once again leaning me toward the Busa.  Any suggestions?
Go kiss your wife......

When the bike world says the Hayabusa is the fastest production bike in the world, do they mean quarter mile or top speed? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just trying to clear that up.

Both IMO, Top speed forsure but in the 1/4 mile everyone is going turbo so any bike running a turbo is going to be fast. However most turbo bikes are busa's. Top RWHP is 701 and its a busa.
Article in superstreetbike.com this month:)

man i have been waitin on someone to come strong about the 1000, most of my topics are about the mean liter!!! now since my busa was stolen, and i switched to the ik, my HONEST opinion is this; the busa is a monster, a great bike for any man over 200lbs very stable and gives you a confident feel about the high speeds, and a torque demon. whereas the lil brother is just as bad. the prob with the 1k is that it is so fast that getting to the big number's it does jump and skip. a killer in the corners and with small mods becomes a busa killer( 1micron serpentin, pc3, k&n)=172hp
but again i live at the track and from what i have seen the fastest stock new liter bike is the R-1
i am trying my hardest to wait and see what the new busa has in store. nice looking 1000

paineless4u, hey man i just noticed you are in hammond, i grew up in gary, east chgo, and chicago. i will be trailoring my bike down there in about 4-6wks maybe we can hook up.

My wife told me in about a year i cab buy a new bike so ive been thinkin about what i want, either a new 1K or Busa.  I'm 5'8 135 and i like how light the 1K is but i like the looks of the Busa.  I can also sit flat footed on the Busa.  Everyone around here has a Gixxer too so that makes me want something different, once again leaning me toward the Busa.  Any suggestions?
The 1k 2005 seems to be one bad a$$ bike.. it can certainly do what a busa can do.. i feel it is much more suited to your body size and weight rather than the busa.. its really heavy compared to the 1k.

go for the gixxer m8.

you'll just have to control the front wheel from lifting off!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

paineless4u, hey man i just noticed you are in hammond, i grew up in gary, east chgo, and chicago. i will be trailoring my bike down there in about 4-6wks maybe we can hook up.
sry man I won't be back in the hometown for a long time. I grew up in Hammond but moved away when I was 26. My mom and brother still lives there. I have a house in Valdosta GA where I call home now. I will be coming back to Hammond to pick up my car but I won't be there till Oct Timeframe.

The K5 has a stock HP more than that of the busa... and only about 10% less torque, which is more than well compensated by the reduced weight. This issue of Bike UK states that the K5 can reach a top speed of 174MPH in 4th gear... and there are 2 more gears to go!!

As far as the handling goes the magazines rate it better than the Honda Fireblade, which was until K5 supposed to be the best handling liter. If you are an average rider like me... I suppose both the bike are equally good!! So I'd life to sum it up like this -

a) If you want lots of Mods - Busa
b) If you want exlusive killer looks - Busa
c) If your a track junkie - K5
d) If you are a stunter - K5
e) If you want a fast bike - Busa/K5
f) If weight is a concern to your built - K5
g) If you want your bike to be a sports tourer - Busa

...so well, the ball is in your court now
biggrin.gif

Back