Busa Verses Gixxer 1k

paineless4u

Donating Member
Registered
Well I finally got to ride one of them there liter bikes and here is my humble opinion.
The 1k shifts great, the 1k sat much higher off the ground then the busa. Wasn't as flat footed standing still as I am on my bike. The 1k seemed to hop around or bounce while turning at speeds making the busa in my opinion much more stable in the twisties.
Although lighter then the busa I felt way more secure with a heavy bike such as the busa. The 1k didn't have what I was expecting as far as "get-up and go" I found myself wanting to shift but couldn't cause the thing was already in 6th gear. Top speed indicated was 160 and it took a long time to get there (ran outta road). All the gears were short lived meaning I was shifting all the time. Now don't get me wrong I think the 1k is a great bike and a blast to ride also wheelied effortlessly but lacked the pull/torque of the busa. I am glad to have ridden one but without a doubt the busa is much faster in every gear and in my opinion just as fast in the twisties.

03 GSXR-1000 1600 MILES, well now 1725 miles
smile.gif

...hmmm this review would be more useful to me if you had reviewed the K5
biggrin.gif

That I can do. I still have my Busa and recently got an 05 1K to replace my 02.

The new gixxer is a handful. Although not a Busa, its not far behind in acceleration, top speed and is ahead of the busa in handling. Its just a matter of what types of riding you want to do. Busa's corner nice, gixxers corner great. A good rider on one of the new 1k's will humble some busa riders.

The new gixxer is a handful. Although not a Busa, its not far behind in acceleration, top speed and is ahead of the busa in handling. Its just a matter of what types of riding you want to do. Busa's corner nice, gixxers corner great. A good rider on one of the new 1k's will humble some busa riders.
I only put on 125 miles on it so my opinion is pretty bias but nevertheless it was still fun as heck to ride, I am just more used to my own bike so the handling was more comfortable for me on the busa.
I did hear the 2005's are really crazy!!!!!

tell me more... tell me more
biggrin.gif

have you seen one in person...you really dont appreciat how small they are until you see one in person espically when its setting next to an 04 gix.

Has anyone seen any 1/4 numbers on these yet?

They are highlighting the new Gixxer in May's issue of MotorCyclist magazine...

I gotta have both. Soon I hope. Still think my Busa is more versatile in the real world, but I want a 1K for a solo only toy.

I have read a few articles on the 05 1k and they have all said they are a great bike, but for tall riders it might be all that comfortable. Definitely a blast to ride, but as one of the larger riders I don't know how well I would sit on it.

I have read a few articles on the 05 1k and they have all said they are a great bike, but for tall riders it might be all that comfortable.  Definitely a blast to ride, but as one of the larger riders I don't know how well I would sit on it.
I hear that the ZX-10 is the lick for us grown-ups!!

Just a couple of pics of the new toy

P3290001.JPG

Oh yeah guys. The new official 1/4 numbers for the bike are 9.77 seconds.....
If the bike you rode was slower, then it was you - not the bike. 05 1K was slower?? Ummmm - no. Sorry guys. Its got as much HP as our 1300's.... and weighs a HELL of a lot less.

The Suzuki GSXR 1000K5 is the fastest stock bike as of this year. Sorry to bring the bad news - remember I LOVE MY BUSA! But this is the truth.

Get a copy of Sport Rider - they just did a 1000 shootout. The others don't even compare. BU-BYE ZX-10, SAYONARA R-1, and SO-LONG CBR!!!!! The GIXXER is the King AGAIN!

Post-script..... sorry painfull-4-me just noticed 03...... LOFugginL!!!!

Get a copy of Sport Rider - they just did a 1000 shootout. The others don't even compare. BU-BYE ZX-10, SAYONARA R-1, and SO-LONG CBR!!!!! The GIXXER is the King AGAIN!
>>>>>>>

Thats not true about they dont even compare, did you bother to read the article?
smile.gif
THe ZX-10 is a close second ...the R1 and Honda are still excellent machines.

I hate to say it but there are a few of the K5's running around here puttin the smack down on Busas...:blush:

Those things are fast!

Well regardless though, the Busa has the upper hand in the torque dept and it looks better.
smile.gif

Back