Busa future ??

There is no finer engine than the Busa for Hot Rodability. the 1000's come pretty much maxed out and the most you ever see anyone do with the 1000's is put on a pipe. Busa is the big block Chevy of bikes with a huge after market. The Buas rules.

IMG.jpg

Boosta1395 you are right there is no replacement for displacement. But just like in the car world there is small blocks smoking big blocks all day long. I have to disagree with you on the 1K coming pretty much maxed out. On another board I get on there is alot of people building there 1Ks to push over 200hp. Your also right about most just adding a pipe to them but then again thats about all they need. Heck I dont have much done to my 1K and I can smoke a piped and tuned zx1400 so why add more? I do know that a built busa will eat me up. With built being the key word. I also know from a stop alot of busa will eat my bike with me on it since Im not good at launches. Im by no means cutting down the busa it is a very bad ass bike that demands/takes respect. I just think some under estimate the 1K.

boost the busa and you won't have issues. honestly though, I think they have completely different markets. There are a ton of guys in my area with 600s and 1ks and I used to invite them on our day trips (400 mi + usually) and they ALWAYS turn me down. They say they can't ride that long without being cramped up. Most of the those guys cruise around in town and thats about it.

I think the busa brings a certain type of people and the smaller bikes brings another type of crowd.

:poke:

It's not the cramps, it's the top end runs :whistle:

The BUSA won't die:laugh: Name another bike with more mods?:whistle: Still waiting, There isn't one.

BUSA = KING of the TRACK and STREET:rulez:

Well, I just got mine (finally!) and, ironically given the extreme nature of the Hayabusa, I chose it as a good all around bike that I can use for commuting, sport-touring and the occasional track day. There are better bikes for each of those purposes, but I don't think there is ONE bike that does all three as well and NO other bike looks as good (to me) as the Hayabusa.

While there's definitely a "cool" factor to having THE top speed/massive power bike, it was not even on my list of criteria for choosing the Hayabusa and it will only be on the track where I will ever even begin to approach the limits of this bike. But having the "headroom" over and above what I need is a great luxury.

Long live the Hayabusa!:bowdown:

I raced (roll on) an 05 busa with my 07 1K. The busa was not running right so it really wasn't a fair race for him. I have also roll on raced an 06 zx1400 W/dual muzzy slip ons and pcIII with a tune. I got him by about 3 bikes. So yes the 1K is very fast but so is the busa. I dont think the busa will go anywhere its here to stay. When I got my 07 I was torn between the 1K or the busa. The fact that the 1K was just as fast as the busa and I could do wheelies with the 1K is what made me pick the 1K.

fstbusa is right. Two different bikes, two different types of riders. I can and have went on long rides with my 1K. This summer alone I went on a 450 mile ride and a 360 mile
ride.

No offense, but a 450 mile ride is not a long ride. :laugh:

The Busa's and 12's stock for stock were getting gunned down by liter bikes since 04' ... 14's now too. I've had a liter bike recently and now have a Busa... The liter bikes to me just got old, soooo much power in such a small package and nowhere to use it (on the street). The busa to me retains the sport bike look, feel, and power with out all the aggression of the liter's.

Also, the Bus can wheelie just as good and just as easy as the liter bikes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the 1K's are gone after 09 or 2010 with the demise of AMA and DMS talking about rule changes limiting displacement/HP.

No offense, but a 450 mile ride is not a long ride. :laugh:

Oh I see :poke: at me because I have a small.......Bike:rofl:. No offense taken. I can ride farther then that. Thats just the farthest I've rode. I can ride all day. When my friends and I go riding Im the last one to go home. I dont like to go on long ride's alone, just not as fun. The other half says she deserves props for riding on the back for 360 miles:laugh:

Also, the Bus can wheelie just as good and just as easy as the liter bikes.

How many stock busa can power up at 70mph?? I've only seen 1st gear wheelies by a busa or zx1400. And I know they have power.

Im not taking anything away from the busa at all. I guess this is just a case of different kinda riders. Both the busa and the 1K are bad ass bike.

don't tell anyone this... it is the busa family that makes it so attractive. I don't think there is a better group of owners any where.
The org is the best site on the net!!!
:thumbsup:

don't tell anyone this... it is the busa family that makes it so attractive. I don't think there is a better group of owners any where.
The org is the best site on the net!!!
:thumbsup:

I haven't been here long but I've had fun in this short time. And yes great group of guys/girls. Hell I dont even ride a busa and here:thumbsup:

How many stock busa can power up at 70mph?? I've only seen 1st gear wheelies by a busa or zx1400. And I know they have power.

Im not taking anything away from the busa at all. I guess this is just a case of different kinda riders. Both the busa and the 1K are bad ass bike.

My neighbor has the 03 anniversary edition and he does 2nd gear wheelies at about 70 mph. Used to have an r1 with a 12 inch stretch and he went by me on 1 wheel at about 90 mph. Now im an busa owner as of 3 weeks ago

I can attest to the Busa being well able to go wheel-up easily in 2nd gear blasts.

Selling point for me was having a real passenger seat. My girl only rides with me now and then and I prefer riding solo, but now and then was pretty much never when a had an R6 and would have continued with any of the 1000 cc bikes. Driving at 9/10s through the twisties I'm just as fast as I ever was on the R6 and I'm not stupid enough to ride 10/10s on public roads so there's no downside for me. I have no chicken strips, that's good enough handling for me!

I'm pretty sure having a decent (relatively) riding position and a decent passenger seat is always going to be a win over a handling edge you'll basically never use on the street with a large group of buyers.

That... and I'm sure there's another horsepower injection in the works if sales begin to slump.

I can attest to the Busa being well able to go wheel-up easily in 2nd gear blasts.

I guess the guy I rode with just didnt know how to ride then.
My friend that has the zx1400 can only power 1st but can clutch 2nd.

Learn something new every day. Thanks for the lesson

Back