Busa Verses Gixxer 1k

Yeah when I started this tread I didn't want to make one bike better then the other but I have over 2600 miles on the twisties with my bike and I put a total of 125 miles on the Gixxer so naturally I felt way more comfortable on the Busa.
A couple factors to consider as well,:
1) 2600 miles logged on the Busa only 125 on the gixxer.

2) The Gixxer wasn't my bike.

3) and 3rd well the Gixxer wasn't my bike
tounge.gif

another thing is I didn't wanted to crash the guys bike he was selling that day. But I am confident the Busa will still remain the best all around top drag bike and it doesn't do to bad in the twisties either.
wink.gif

Think about the HP Wars, I have heard Busa's getting over 700hp out of the busa's powerplant and the 1k ain't even close to those numbers.
In retrospect, you can't lose with any bike you get, their both great machines!!!

The K5 has a stock HP more than that of the busa... and only about 10% less torque
>>>>>>

At peak....your general statement does not really explain it. The Busa makes nearly 100ft lbs of torque across the power band, not the 1k.
Aso the Busa makes alot more horsepower than the 1K below 5K rpms. Ive read one review on the 1K where the reviewer said it was
pretty weak feeling below 5K, we all know the Busa pulls nicely there.

The K5 has a stock HP more than that of the busa... and only about 10% less torque
>>>>>>

At peak....your general statement does not really explain it.  The Busa makes nearly 100ft lbs of torque across the power band, not the 1k.
Aso the Busa makes alot more horsepower than the 1K below 5K rpms.    Ive read one review on the 1K where the reviewer said it was
pretty weak feeling below 5K, we all know the Busa pulls nicely there.
Bentvalve, you maybe right... I have just quoted what I have read in the BIKE magazine! ...and I assume you are also quoting from a magazine
biggrin.gif

...I'll post my personal review once I get the bike! I think that should put lots of claims and counter claims to rest
wink.gif

does anyone have a dyno graph for the k5? and for a stock busa

sry man I won't be back in the hometown for a long time. I grew up in Hammond but moved away when I was 26. My mom and brother still lives there. I have a house in Valdosta GA where I call home now. I will be coming back to Hammond to pick up my car but I won't be there till Oct Timeframe[/QUOTE]
sorry man i thought you still lived there, but let me ask you did you grow up or hang out anywhere near maywood, that area where the police dept is right next to the park. i see we are just about the same age might even know some of the same people.
and you are right you can't go wrong with either bike, they all are unreal.

My wife told me in about a year i cab buy a new bike so ive been thinkin about what i want, either a new 1K or Busa.  I'm 5'8 135 and i like how light the 1K is but i like the looks of the Busa.  I can also sit flat footed on the Busa.  Everyone around here has a Gixxer too so that makes me want something different, once again leaning me toward the Busa.  Any suggestions?
BMW K1200S?

Don't shoot - I'm KIDDING...
biggrin.gif

If you want a current Liter bike, and don't want to go with the Gixxer, the Kawi ZX-10r is an awfully nice bike. I didn't go very far - too uncomfortable for me at 6'4" 230lbs - but, realistically, it'll do anything a person could ask of it. Real 'cammy' - wild top end hit...

Back