s1000rr in my future

Taylor

Donating Member
Registered
Well sold the busa and going to get a 2011 light gray BMW s1000rr, it looks white in the pics, yet to see it in person.

Going to get it with all the bells and whistles except the factory alarm, this is Iowa, we don't need no stink in alarm:laugh:

I have to decide if I am going to wait until spring and get it or let my obsession kick in and go get it this weekend,

If I wait until spring then I won't be using up warranty and roadside assistance just sitting in the garage, but I know dealerships are hurting and maybe they will sweeten the deal with a longer warranty, it's already 3 years but let's see what they can do.

Anyways still have a couple of other bikes I can ride until I decide plus the b-king for those longer rides, but it will be the BMW in my future for sure,

Just do your home work Taylor a mate of mine here in Oz has the 1000rr and it is spending more time at the dealers than at his house, he has had a couple of track days on it and rides it most weekends, he is still waiting to get it back for this weekend as he was to do a track day with me. Don't get me wrong I am not bagging the Bimmer it's a great bike but it is having some issues that will frustrate you, of course all these are fixed under warranty.

Congrats, they are sweeett! I got to test ride on last spring, loved it!!

SANY1142.jpg

Congrats!

I've got a Thunder Grey and it rocks! I've had it out for a couple track days plus a trip to the Fall Bash and outside of a squeeky spacer that was fixed with a little grease, no problems.

displayimage.php

Last edited:
Well sold the busa and going to get a 2011 light gray BMW s1000rr, it looks white in the pics, yet to see it in person.

Going to get it with all the bells and whistles except the factory alarm, this is Iowa, we don't need no stink in alarm:laugh:

I have to decide if I am going to wait until spring and get it or let my obsession kick in and go get it this weekend,

If I wait until spring then I won't be using up warranty and roadside assistance just sitting in the garage, but I know dealerships are hurting and maybe they will sweeten the deal with a longer warranty, it's already 3 years but let's see what they can do.

Anyways still have a couple of other bikes I can ride until I decide plus the b-king for those longer rides, but it will be the BMW in my future for sure,
Sold the busa for a bmw did ya? Well time for you to be movin' on then I guess eh?
Nice knowin' ya', bye now :laugh:

Just do your home work Taylor a mate of mine here in Oz has the 1000rr and it is spending more time at the dealers than at his house, he has had a couple of track days on it and rides it most weekends, he is still waiting to get it back for this weekend as he was to do a track day with me. Don't get me wrong I am not bagging the Bimmer it's a great bike but it is having some issues that will frustrate you, of course all these are fixed under warranty.

Not to worried about it, when I bought my first busa and I was on the kaki forums all they did was talk about busa"s droping 2 nd gear like they all did it, well 2 busa's later never had a lick of trouble with one.

Plus that's what warrantys are for:laugh:

Just what problems is he having? Is this the first high power bmw sportbike with this kind of power?

I'd like to take one for a ride, definitely, dunno if I could justify that kind of cash

Rode one, unreal. waiting for 2011, bigger crank.

yea there just plain nasty once you get into the rpms, like nothing else thats for sure, and yes I am waiting for the 11' they have made a couple of internal and external features.

I talked to them today, the 2011 light silver metallic will be in 10/31:whistle:

Last edited:
Back