Busa future ??

I have raced alot of gixxer 1000's at the track and have never been beat. As a matter of fact it wasnt even close, a full second advantage stock motor on stock motor. So i guess the gixxer 1000's should stick to the twisties and let the "Big Dogs" burn up the track.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:sorry about the duplicate razzing just felt it ya'll needed it.

You've never been beat by a 1000 ? How's come everyone says that 1K's stock vs. stock will take a Busa, or a 14 everytime, if the riders are equall ??

My question is, with the 1000's being as nasty as they are, what do you think is going to happen with the Busa in the next couple of years ??

I mean the 1K's have just as much power, but are lighter, and handle better. The only reason I can think of getting a Busa now would be for looks, or comfort on longer rides. Do you think the Hayabusa will ever take the lead the way it did in 99, or is that even possible ??
I think maybe the 1000's are the ones in trouble. It sounds like 800cc's will be the new race size anyways....so the manufacturers will probaly decide to do the spendy 2 year upgrades on the new "have to have" squidly racer bikes, and just phase out the 1000's. Besides I read some stats saying the 600 class is the best selling sport class (more affordable overall for the target market). I actually think the 1000's sell about the same as the busa's, but with a 2 year tech cycle they're way less profitable. The busa caters to an older more financially established crowd anyways, the ones who can afford their insurance :laugh: and makes a better street bike :beerchug: I think the 1000's might be the ones to disappear :poke: :laugh:

I bought my busa(08) because I read the reviews on it and the 14. I saw that busa was back on top so I drove two hours because it was cheaper in west virginia. I knew that the insurance was going to be high so I paid out right for it. I'm glad that I went with busa because let's face it . when people see you on one heads turn.

100_2840.jpg

Being 6'5 300lbs. The Busa fits me the best. The 1000's are way too small, so as long as there is "big guys" riding the busa will be around !

The busa has a very distinct niche (drag, sport, touring), and every year it has sold better than the year before. It represents a tiny share of the market, but it's by far the most recognizable bike in the world. When I'm riding around everyone asks "Is that a 'busa?" With that kind of branding, even if the bike does become a dinosaur people will continue to buy it for a long time to come, and with the gen2 refresh I don't think it's in danger of that. I would be very disappointed if it went the way of the super blackbird.

I agree with hotrod ! I sat on a 1k after my 98 gsxr750 was stolen and my 750 was bigger than the 1k. I'm 5'11 and 250 myself and sitting on the 1k just didn't fit.

Being 6'5 300lbs. The Busa fits me the best. The 1000's are way too small, so as long as there is "big guys" riding the busa will be around !
Im with you on that one. Im 6'0 205 and I look like a fruit cake on a 600. Busa's were built to take full size men down the track at a respectable time.

I'm 6'8" 250 lbs and there is NO WAY IN HELL I will ever fit in those puny liter bikes. With my height, I'll take busa over any bikes in a heartbeat. Also with Busa, you get warp-speed feeling of a superbike but with comfort of a sport tourer. IHMO, its a best combo for the money we can buy.

There is always someone around that knows the Busa. I stopped to refuel about a week ago and there was a group of about 5-6 Harley riders refueling too. One guy came over to me and complimented the bike, he then asked me THE QUESTION... How fast have you ridden her? I told him about 1xxmph indicated, and he said that was insane! He then proceeded to say it sounds like a fast bike but he was'nt sure it was as fast as a Hayabusa! One of his friends said "Man are you serious? That IS a Hayabusa!":laugh:

Personally, i love all two wheeled machines, but the busa was the best bang for both worlds. not to mention it's so much eaiser to do tons of mods on, and the top speed is unprecidented. no stock 1k can run top end with a stock busa. one of my boys rolls an '07 1k, and he definitely pulls low to mid, but top end he's in my mirrors. we've both got the same tuning mods; ie, PCIII, full exhaust, TRE, K&N, dyno tuned, dropped.

---------------Ride to live, Live to ride---------------

I do hope they tweak more stock power out of these monsters in the future tho, it's there, they just don't unleash it.

As we say at the 1/4............NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

In nine years, the appearance of the Busa never changed. If that's not an ICON, then I don't know what is. It's definately a status symbol. Every Busa rider knows what I'm talking about. There can be ten different bikes all parked next to each other and you'll know which one the Busa is... by all the people standing around gawking at it!

I always get the question "How Fast Have you gotten it" by people that stops and look at it. When I don't go fast on it they look at me crazy. When I tell them why cause there's no where do go fast but 95 and I almost got killed in an motorcycle accident in 2004. Then they understand. I also get alot of question on my PPM custom shorty pipes and my 7in screen for my converted back up camera

100_2840.jpg

000_0153.jpg

000_0155.jpg

Last edited:
I have owned both bikes..and IMO the biggest advantage the busa has is the comfy passenger seat..the busa is awesome for a 2 up ride, touring with luggage and long straightways with wide sweeper corners... you don't feel the extra weight, while, on the 1K you know the difference when 2 up..
My 01 busa was geared down, so it had plenty of torque where i needed it. The downside of that was lower MPG and higher RPM (buzzing @ 4.5 rpm) while crusing..
When i bought the 06 1K, the bike seemed just right except for the low bar position, which i fixed with Heli bars. Now i think the bike is set just right...
However, i still love and miss the busa...It is an excellent & reliable bike...
bowdown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no finer engine than the Busa for Hot Rodability. the 1000's come pretty much maxed out and the most you ever see anyone do with the 1000's is put on a pipe. Busa is the big block Chevy of bikes with a huge after market. The Buas rules.

+10 IMO the Busa is the best "Hot Rod Platform" around. Where the 1K is pretty well maxxed. The Busa (specially the GenI, IMO) has the "Big Block" flexability to do anything you can dream up, with a very strong after market, maybe that's why alot of us in the Busa Family are gear heads. Hayabusa will have a very long reign: LONG LIVE THE KING!:beerchug:

Barring all the above Busa advantages I simply love the awsome power of the engine.
Even in the wrong gear it overcomes it quickly and then pulls like a steam train.
No 1000 has the same torgue and ease of driving.

The screen is sh....t but I have ordered a Zero Gravity Sport that should resolve it.

Have considered selling my 08 Busa for a bike with better wind protection but I know i will miss the Busa engine so its going nowhere except my garage.

Horses for courses!

Pine

That big azz screen is pointless. A turn of the head negates it completely and you can't even see the gauges.

I always get the question "How Fast Have you gotten it" by people that stops and look at it. When I don't go fast on it they look at me crazy. When I tell them why cause there's no where do go fast but 95 and I almost got killed in an motorcycle accident in 2004. Then they understand. I also get alot of question on my PPM custom shorty pipes and my 7in screen for my converted back up camera

Back