BUSA BASH WORLD EVENT

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I was just sittin' here thinkin' about all the cool people we met on our last few trips. Mexico, California, B.C.....

and they were strangers.

I'd do all the work, all the organizing, or, we could set up a comittee...

HAYABUSA DOT WORLD invite...

we could hook-up in L.A. or N.Y. or Seatle or Mexico or Canada or England or just about anywhere....

Give anyone an' everyone lots of notice to get there.

Maybe a 2006 date. I'm sure we could get some sponsors,cheap airfare,hotels,etc... there's a million conferences every year... they do it...why couldn't we... they do it to talk about wood, about plastic,recycling,crime,doll furniture,old magazines,Chevette Owners,tea cup collectors.....

How about a Hayabusa Convention... 'cept we wont call it that...

thats just too "Old Fart" for me....

How 'bout the First Annual "Hayabusa Hellraiser".

one giant party. wadda ya think ?

YEAH St. Louis is such a Beautiful place in the summer...
laugh.gif

I'd say have it somewhere where everyone isn't likely to get mugged. Someplace with some real roads, someplace where the air is clean and the natives friendly. Someplace that isn't hot and humid. Someplace politically inert.

Hell, I'd say we hold it in freakin Canada. At RSDs place.

laugh.gif

OK maybe just nearby his place.

Hell, lets hold it in Australia!!!!! Or Better, maybe New Zealand...

laugh.gif

I was just sittin' here thinkin' about all the cool people we met on our last few trips.  Mexico, California, B.C.....

and they were strangers.

we could hook-up in L.A. or N.Y. or Seatle or Mexico or Canada or England or just about anywhere....

Maybe a 2006 date.  I'm sure we could get some sponsors,cheap airfare,hotels,etc...  there's a million conferences every year... they do it...why couldn't we...  they do it to talk about wood, about plastic,recycling,crime,doll furniture,old magazines,Chevette Owners,tea cup collectors.....

How 'bout the   First Annual  "Hayabusa Hellraiser".

one giant party.       wadda ya think ?
Let's go somehwhere that none of us are from. Somewhere that the food is good, the cell phones don't work, and no-one understands the language, now that's a lot of fun.

Kev

I was just sittin' here thinkin' about all the cool people we met on our last few trips. Mexico, California, B.C.....

and they were strangers.

Maybe a 2006 date. I'm sure we could get some sponsors,cheap airfare,hotels,etc... there's a million conferences every year... they do it...why couldn't we... they do it to talk about wood, about plastic,recycling,crime,doll furniture,old magazines,Chevette Owners,tea cup collectors.....

How 'bout the First Annual "Hayabusa Hellraiser".

one giant party. wadda ya think ?
Let's go somehwhere that none of us are from. Somewhere that the food is good, the cell phones don't work, and no-one understands the language, now that's a lot of fun.

Kev
How About FIJI!!!!!!

We could Own a small Island for a week... And rent Scooters... And race em!!!!!

RSD--

awesome idea! Now making it happen-- that's the hard park.

IMHO, it works better if folks don't park their bike and fly-- as biker get-togethers without bikes get old. Well unless yur flying in sum female talent

cool.gif

So somewhere central, with nice scenic roads and reasonably prices hotels/campgrounds would work.

To avoid the typical, "I'm in, but never show up" treat it like a group buy and have a registration (i.e. figure out discount lodging, food/pp for all u can eat blast (or two), track fee, etc) where folks register and pay the reigistration fee up front (anotherwords commit).

As far as locales, I'm from the east, but Lake George, NY was awesome. Cell phones were dead, hundreds of miles of twisties and mountain roads, locals were friendly and loved the bikers coming in, and police were laid back and let folks have fun.

Another idea is hold it near a major track, but most are located on one of the two coasts.

I'm game no matter where you hold it-- driving the busa cross country don't phase mr snake.

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119887002 -->

Great idea RSD, I'm in where ever it happens. I've been at all of the busa bashes so far and have had a great time, everytime. This board is packed full of wonderful people with worlds of experience in most areas.

You could even share some thoughts on your tea cup collection or vast array of blow up dolls. Just kidding LOL.
smile.gif

Chris

I was just sittin' here thinkin' about all the cool people we met on our last few trips.  Mexico, California, B.C.....

and they were strangers.

Maybe a 2006 date.  I'm sure we could get some sponsors,cheap airfare,hotels,etc...  there's a million conferences every year... they do it...why couldn't we...  they do it to talk about wood, about plastic,recycling,crime,doll furniture,old magazines,Chevette Owners,tea cup collectors.....

How 'bout the   First Annual  "Hayabusa Hellraiser".

one giant party.       wadda ya think ?

Kev
I think I know just the place...
biggrin.gif

17 hours of flying my friend! But I would consider buying another busa to drive to the event!
wink.gif

I think that is a great idea. thats alot of planning for one person to do... Might want to find people on the board that have connections in the relevant industries and delegate some of the responsibilites. Or just have Cache plan the entire thing!
tounge.gif
Might change my name to Cpt. Obvious.

Put me down for one plane ticket to Fiji please...man, wouldn't that just be heaven right about now?
cool.gif

Although, I'm thinking RSD's place would be fun...I'm sure he'd entertain us all...
biggrin.gif

I've rode on nearly every continent (last year I spent 3 months storming around asia)... Fiji ain't all that's its cracked up to be... thailand is awesome, but the traffic/congestion is killer, there is an extremely limited supply of QUALITY bikes, and we're talking 20+ hours of flytime from the US... but then again I can sit at go-gos all day/night and be quite content
smile.gif
... Mexico-- no bad, but a larger turnout may be difficult... Middle-east-- now that's an idea-- Mad Max-ize our busa's and don the R,W, & B
smile.gif
I still say pick a place on one of the coasts, near the ocean, and near a track.

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119932131 -->

smile.gif

Back