How To Know If It's Time To Move On? Hayabusa.org

As I read through this thread, I was in shock and disbelief. Then as I continued reading I realized I have read these posts.
Then it hit me, the closing posts were Nov 13th 2017 and I had read them a few weeks back. Nearly had heart failure thinking that the time here was about to wind down. I truly hope we can bring the oRg back main stream. Save the oRg. I guess you could say that the fact that it’s still here a year later as Ali said, maybe it’s a sign of good things to come.
Hell if it came to it I would build a standalone server and host it out of my basement if I had to.

Ali123, We don't know each other - so I apologize if what I am about to say hits you the wrong way. I am not sure if you know of the history of this site. In the past, for fund generation there have been:
Raffles
Donations to the site
Donations to other members
Selling shits (long sleeve, short sleeve, tank tops, hoodies)
Selling wood products (plaques, motivational blocks, treasure boxes, etc.)
ICE Tags and wallet cards
Auctions
Classifieds for all things motorcycle related
Group buys

The problem with what you keep suggesting is this - it put's the background and logistics back on cAp. He has been doing this for a looong time. I joined in 2003 and was absolutely overwhelmed by the connections that held this place together all based around our love of the Busa.

One problem as was mentioned, is that many of the members here have moved on from the Busa or even from motorcycling in general. I hardly ride anymore, except for those amazing times when I am with my family and friends from the oRg - but even then, the oRg is not the focus, the people are. I am very fortunate to know people who have several bikes in their stable. When I am with them, it is sad sometimes how rarely the Busas get ridden. Too many advancements, too many improvements from the other makers. So, people talk less and less about Busas here and more abut general Book of Face kind of stuff. Then , well, why not just go to the Book of Face?

I spend a lot of time away from home... I bought my first Busa while I was in Japan. I bought my second Busa while I was in the Middle East. The Book of Face is a better opportunity for me to stay connected to my family and friends who are not motorcycle fanatics - and I was even off of that for the last two years.

Factor in on top of all of that the behind the scenes stuff that cAp is mentioning. The complaints, the criticism, the backlash for what amounts to cAp sticking to his principles.

He has provided a home for us for a long time, he has done some amazing things to keep the doors open... but I suspect that he is tired. In my mind cAp has been something of a Doorman. He held the door open for a lot of people for a long time. Some said thank you, some didn't - but he held the door open. As technology has changed, now he doesn't need to spend his time holding the door, it is revolving now - with traffic driving it. Why would he go back to holding it open if the traffic can't turn the revolving door?

cAp has told us that we can keep the site open if we drive the traffic through participation; traffic drives hits, hits drive sponsors and vendors, etc. If we want the site to stay open, in my opinion, we need to figure out a way to keep it open without pushing the grunt work back onto cAp.

Just my .02...
well.... its been a couple of years now.... we have all been posting our azzes off...…. hows things going? this question runs through our minds quite a bit.... any response would be greatly appreciated...… hoping for great news.

200.gif

Back