How To Know If It's Time To Move On? Hayabusa.org

From everything I have heard those BMW's and the thing to have for going fast around a road course. I haven't been on one yet but hope to change that someday.

In reality, I'm seeing less and less of them in favor of R1's - right now they seem to be the bike of choice (From Jason DiSalvo's mouth they turn better than the BMW), but things change..

Honda CB1100 TR concept
Honda-CB1100-TR-Concept-01.jpg

Like that flat tracker look a lot , that Honda looks muscled . About the BMW , what a stunner , they just look so purposeful . My old mate from Darwin 61 y.o , a couple of bikes ago had a 2010 model , and he is a very capable rider , with usually a fair amount of restrain ... but he was addicted to gassing that bike and mono wheeling to indicated 240 kph speeds on his daily commute to work in the 3 month window weather up there permits ! Serious lack of traffic up there (except roadtrain semi-trailers ) where he is , but he says it was an addictive machine that gleefully lends itself for this ... illegal type behavior , and he had to sell it before he possibly came unstuck and we were all , including his road racing wife , very happy he did sell . That bloke now owns 2 Busa's which he is going to keep and develop . I am not sure if this is entirely true but have heard that the latest R1 has been producing rear wheel figures of up around and more than 190 bhp on certain dyno's . and certainly the HP BMW more than that , I have heard 200bhp ! :thumbsup:

Well hell. I hate to see it go, but I'm not in any position to influence anything. All I can say is thank you so much for all that everyone's done for me these last 13 years. It was a blast to meet up with some you and a shame for not being able to meet up with the rest of you. I'd really like to stay in touch with you all...if you don't mind. I don't have FB, but for those of you that have my number, it's still the same...hasn't changed in 19 years. I do have whatsapp, so you can always hit me up on that.

Feel free to send me your numbers via PM so I can add you to my addy book. And thanks again for all the times.

paul

Real pretty, love those naked bikes. But, so far they don't seem to sell in the US.
Anyway, that is more the style I grew up with.

Yeah me too Jelly. Funny how that lust you had for a bike is still just as strong 30 years later when someone goes retro. I am having to talk myself down off the Kawasaki 900 retro.

Sad to see this post. I admit, I am likely part of the reason the site has not been getting the activity it used to. Hank, Chank, and I still do pop in unannounced and read up on current affairs of members, just don't post. I have many many hours logged on this site, You know, the daily bantering and harmless insults thrown in fun at certain members in years past.... many years....crap a decade?
Pretty sure that if it took place these days there would be a need for a "safe zone with comfort pets" thread instead of the "corner" thread I used to so often reside in with so many others!
I will say this.
Hayabusa.Org was pretty much the reason I bought my Busa. Had it not been for the reviews and people I may have gone a different way.
Hayabusa.Org provided me with the resources and vendors to customize my "Bullet" to benefit me the most.
Hayabusa.Org was the reason I traveled to Deals Gap several times and created memories and friendships with great people.
Hayabusa.Org helped me get through the 2nd, or maybe it was the 3rd mid-life crisis. (every adventure is the beginning of another)
Hayabusa.Org helped my daughter and I bond and forge a meaningful relationship and great memories over 13k+ miles.

Doug,
Thank you very much for your selfless time and dedication to this site and the Busa community as a whole. You Sir, are a true Ambassador of the Hayabusa Community and to that I say THANK YOU, and God bless you for putting up with us, and your family for putting up with you doing so.

Charlie/Hank/Chank

Well, now, this is kind of a shocker. I just logged in today for the first time in quite a while just to say hello to old friends and regrettably, it looks like it may be a goodbye, as well. I didn't read the whole thread, just the first couple of pages so maybe someone is going to be taking over the forum?

I made a lot of friends on here and am still friends with them to this day. But I don't ride any more, sold my bike quite a while back and haven't really missed it although I have no doubt that I'll be getting another one some day. It might not be a Busa, but it will be a sport bike of some kind, to be sure. Nevertheless, the Busa will be a top contender!

Doug, the site was always wonderful and still is. It's understandable, though, that it's going to change dramatically. I thank you for it!

--Wag--

So, to save folks some reading time...THE ORG IS NOT GOING DOWN. WE WILL FIGHT AND CLAW TILL THE DIEING LAST BREATHE. WE JUST NEED PEOPLE TO POST AND CLICK A LINK EVERY NOW AND THEN :)

Awesome! I will definetly try amd post more (even though I contribute zilch info-wise)
And I'll pay a little bit more attention to the Ad thing

That's good to hear, Viper. I had a gut feeling that I should have read the rest of the dang thread. :)

TTV, good to see you're still trapped, er, hangin' out in here! :)

--Wag--

So, to save folks some reading time...THE ORG IS NOT GOING DOWN. WE WILL FIGHT AND CLAW TILL THE DIEING LAST BREATHE. WE JUST NEED PEOPLE TO POST AND CLICK A LINK EVERY NOW AND THEN :)
GOD DAMN VIPER... that's the spirit... we will never surrender.

Back