It's time for motion activated cameras.

Zoinks!

Registered
So, a few months ago we had some issues with ring and runs in the middle of the night (around 1 or 2 a.m.). 2 days ago my car was broken into. Thankfully they didn't take anything. Must have just been looking for cash. Tonight another attempt was made and I ALMOST caught the guy. Unfortunately I had forgotten that I took my keys out of my pocket, so when I got outside I had nothing to start the car with. I saw the guy run past my car and duck down behind his SUV parked in front of my neighbor's house. I ducked down behind mine hoping that he'd be dumb enough to come out a little bit. He wasn't. I watched as he got in his car, turned it on, backed all the way down my street with his lights off, and drove away. By the time I ran inside, got my keys, and got back outside he was gone. I spent about an hour or so scanning nearby neighborhoods looking for the car, but never found it. SO! Tomorrow I'm getting some motion activated deer scouting cameras and putting them up around the house so next time this scum guzzling f***tard decides to try again, I'll have a nice little picture to take to the police department. I HATE CRIMINALS!!!!!!!!!!

You should file a report on the second event. Law Enforcement needs all the help they can get.

You should file a report on the second event. Law Enforcement needs all the help they can get.

+1

Then go buy a nice shotgun and if the F***tards (:laugh:) return...run out in the street w/ it(no need to fire it) Just them seeing you with it should be enough for them to get the hint.

Getting info, car type, dates + time, person description documented with the police will help you should you confront the guy at a later date. Motion lights help out too...some creative landscaping will make entering the yard more difficult...even if it is concrete blocks with some dirt over it so it doesn't look bad.

screw the snap shot camera's and get a night vision video cam that has ir...and then record it

and visit the dixie gun and knife classic... I hear they sell these wonderful "less lethal" 12ga rounds... things like the rock salt hot round :whistle: Just sayin, dunno how legal it would be but except for the gaping or lots of small wounds, there won't be much there... the salt dissolves long before a LEO/EMT would get to them .:whistle: :laugh:

i live in hendersonville right above you and i live back off from any developments or neighbors and we have had two robberies in 3 months back here in the woods one neighbor unloaded his shotgun into the fields where the guys was running and the other was on vacation when she had her door kicked in and car stolen
i am in between both of the houses and needless to say
someone wil leave my house with holes and in handcuffs if they think about robbing me

I found some "less lethal" 12 gauge shells at a gun show last year. They are filled with rubber 00buck. Just in case...:whistle:

why have a pic when you could have a dead body...???
Rig a motion sensor up to a 12 gauge and enjoy dinner.
Boom , honey did you hear something ?

screw the snap shot camera's and get a night vision video cam that has ir...and then record it

I don't have that kind of money.

why have a pic when you could have a dead body...???
Rig a motion sensor up to a 12 gauge and enjoy dinner.
Boom , honey did you hear something ?

Because SC is probably like most of the other states in the US where they'd have to be IN my house to make it legal. I'm not goin to jail over some stupid punk a$$ highschool kid who gets his jollys off by messin around with other people's property.

I would have gone and bought a firearm a looong time ago if I had the money for that, too, but I don't. I'd love to hit him with some rubber bullets or rock salt, but unfortunately I don't have the cash to do so. . .

Back