Let us put some things in perspective please. Harley Bashing

Quick search i didn't feel like wasting more time

2010 Japanese Motorcycle Statistics | Motorcycle News

Motorcycle Sales Statistics - webBikeWorld

Harley-Davidson motorcycle sales, shipments and revenues - a knol by Bobbie7

So it looks like HD producing and shipping out almost more bikes in 2008 than all the japanese manufacturers combined. I didn't find 2010 but sales are reportedly better in 2010 than 2008.

If you want more look it up, but this should help.

Might wanna do a little more research Sir

The total number of Japanese motorcycles produced from Jan. 2010 to Dec. 2010 was recorded as 664,175 units. Compared with the 644,901 units recorded for the previous year, this is an increase of 19,274 units or + 3.0%, and production increase after four years of downturn

the second quarter.

The Company raised its shipment forecast for 2011 and now expects to ship between 228,000 and 235,000 new Harley-Davidson motorcycles to dealers and distributors worldwide, an increase of 8 percent to 12 percent compared to 2010 shipments.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

So it looks like HD producing and shipping out almost more bikes in 2008 than all the japanese manufacturers combined. I didn't find 2010 but sales are reportedly better in 2010 than 2008.

I think you need to take some remedial reading classes. Honda is the world's largest manufacturer of motorcycles. In 2008 they sold 15,392,000 motorcycles. Honda Worldwide | January 28, 2009 "2008 Honda Sales & Production Result" If you seriously think H-D has sold anything like that amount, you are smoking crack.

i will do more research. to separate all the different "additions' like cars and quads and side by side utes.

i will do more research. to separate all the different "additions' like cars and quads and side by side utes.

The link I provided does not include cars or utes. It does include quads but they make up only a fraction of the total sum.

I think you need to take some remedial reading classes. Honda is the world's largest manufacturer of motorcycles. In 2008 they sold 15,392,000 motorcycles. Honda Worldwide | January 28, 2009 "2008 Honda Sales & Production Result" If you seriously think H-D has sold anything like that amount, you are smoking crack.

Also this is all inclusive. it is not just motorcycles over 500cc which was the first claim That you asked for proof of. And by reading the links i added it appears that claim is still correct.

"Might wanna do a little more research Sir

The total number of Japanese motorcycles produced from Jan. 2010 to Dec. 2010 was recorded as 664,175 units. Compared with the 644,901 units recorded for the previous year, this is an increase of 19,274 units or + 3.0%, and production increase after four years of downturn

the second quarter.

The Company raised its shipment forecast for 2011 and now expects to ship between 228,000 and 235,000 new Harley-Davidson motorcycles to dealers and distributors worldwide, an increase of 8 percent to 12 percent compared to 2010 shipments.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk"

Thats a total of all CC not above 500CC so i think my research is still correct Sir.

Over 250cc 387,082 units, up 33,406 units (+9.4%)

Also this is all inclusive. it is not just motorcycles over 500cc which was the first claim That you asked for proof of. And by reading the links i added it appears that claim is still correct.

"Might wanna do a little more research Sir

the second quarter.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk"

Thats a total of all CC not above 500CC so i think my research is still correct Sir.

Over 250cc 387,082 units, up 33,406 units (+9.4%)

a6cd0c2e-2065-ec22.jpg
a6cd0c2e-207e-b889.jpg
Business is going so well for Harley, they are rumored to be moving off shore.....Milwaukee was given a tax ultimatum by the MoCo, and declined to give them a "tax-free" ride....
Love my Harley, but that scenario will make it my last "new" one, (it's a 2006).
You would think that the brain-trust that runs Harley would figure out they are walking a fine line with all of the imported parts they are putting on "the American Motorcycle" already.
Take it off shore, and they will screw themselves royally.
Victory will be the new "made in America" bike, I guess...

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.897637,-96.875557
As long as we both agree with me, we will be fine......

The link I provided does not include cars or utes. It does include quads but they make up only a fraction of the total sum.

True it seems. But we can't underestimate the unbelievable amount of under 250cc bikes Honda creates.. It really is amazing how many places in the world use Scooters. This conversation has led me to read more about them. It seems the states is one area where scooters are barely used in comparison.

Quick search i didn't feel like wasting more time

2010 Japanese Motorcycle Statistics | Motorcycle News

Motorcycle Sales Statistics - webBikeWorld

Harley-Davidson motorcycle sales, shipments and revenues - a knol by Bobbie7

If you want more look it up, but this should help.

Don't see a qualifier in this post about more than 500cc only.

By that reasoning we can't count sportsters and especially VRods since the HD faithful don't even claim them as real HDs.

Business is going so well for Harley, they are rumored to be moving off shore.....Milwaukee was given a tax ultimatum by the MoCo, and declined to give them a "tax-free" ride....
Love my Harley, but that scenario will make it my last "new" one, (it's a 2006).
You would think that the brain-trust that runs Harley would figure out they are walking a fine line with all of the imported parts they are putting on "the American Motorcycle" already.

I love Harley, i think they make fantastic bikes that are fun to ride. That said i think they are on a downward spiral. They have been "globalizing" their production out for years. This saves them money that they don't pass on. To be competitive they need to add some variance in their product, something that will be affordable to younger and new riders. Hopefully done by adding jobs to the people in this country that need work. High hopes I think.

a6cd0c2e-2065-ec22.jpg
a6cd0c2e-207e-b889.jpg

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.897637,-96.875557
As long as we both agree with me, we will be fine......

They are already building a facility in India. Yes I know that is to circumvent the tarifs India was putting on them and for sale there. How long will it be before they realize the profit margin here is greater on bikes produced there and import them?

Don't see a qualifier in this post about more than 500cc only.

By that reasoning we can't count sportsters and especially VRods since the HD faithful don't even claim them as real HDs.

The qualifier was in the original post the Rainbow7 replied to. Its back a bit.

I am fairly sure you joking about the sporty and Vrods.

They are already building a facility in India. Yes I know that is to circumvent the tarifs India was putting on them and for sale there. How long will it be before they realize the profit margin here is greater on bikes produced there and import them?

Ooo this should be a pool. 10$ on a year and to up it an extra 5$ on the month.

The qualifier was in the original post the Rainbow7 replied to. Its back a bit.

I am fairly sure you joking about the sporty and Vrods.

I don't have a thing against HD. Most of the riders are as good as any other. My best friend and riding partner rides a 07 RKC. I give him crap and he gives it back. My other riding friend had a 08 ZX14. We gave each other crap. I will continue to give and recieved crap to and from riders of other models. That is what we do.

Ooo this should be a pool. 10$ on a year and to up it an extra 5$ on the month.

I hope you don't think it couldn't happen.??? Any corporation don't give a shnizzle about anything but the bottom line HD included.

I will take 05-2014 :laugh: who's gonna hold the $

True it seems. But we can't underestimate the unbelievable amount of under 250cc bikes Honda creates.. It really is amazing how many places in the world use Scooters. This conversation has led me to read more about them. It seems the states is one area where scooters are barely used in comparison.

Well, scooters aren't very popular in English-speaking countries in general. Everyone else loves the damn things, though.

Hi, I admit I have a problem... I am a motorcyclist.

My addictions:
- H-D V-Rod
- Hayabusa gen 2 (2010)
- Hayabusa gen 1 (2005)
- Ducati 998
- BMW S1000RR
- Honda Transalp
- Yamaha WR450
- Chinese 150cc scooter.

I have owned & ridden 35 motorcycles over the past 35 years. I ride 6/7 days a week.

Well, scooters aren't very popular in English-speaking countries in general. Everyone else loves the damn things, though.

They are getting really popular here at the college. Campus is full of them. I actually enjoyed riding the scooter my wife had. I could do all sorts of stupid crap on it. But as you stated compared to china Vietnam and many other country's. Who use them in masses.

Back