Harley Standard Equipment?

ducnut

Registered
I've noticed in following this site that a lot of riders who ride a Busa also, or use to, ride a Harley. I don't quite see the connection but what the heck, my second bike is a Gold Wing. I'm sure that which I'm about to write about won't apply to anyone here since we all ride rice burners so I shouldn't upset anyone. The bigger percentage of the Twins that I pass on the road won't wave back or even look in my direction. So I've come up with this theory, and it is a theory since I don't know or want to know any thing about Harleys. The way I figure it, this equipment must come standard on their bikes, on both rider and passenger seats. Since some of these twins have to be kick started this feature must not engage until the side stand is put up. At that instant some object emerges from the seats and shoves right up the rider's arse. I figure this can be the only thing that would explain the expressions the these peoples' faces and why they don't look or wave, they're in just too much pain. Anyone that has gone through a prostate exam surely doesn't feel like waving at everyone that goes by the examining room. That's gotta be it, yup, that's it..

I have a busa and HD nightrod. Maybe it's just the area that you ride in because I get waved by 99% of the riders I pass and the other 1% probably didn't because they didn't have time 2 react as a blur of noise blew by them :laugh:

We have bike nights up here and HD & crotch rockets alike park next 2 one another. Idk? Around here its saying hello and kinda a sign of respect and as long as ur on 2 wheels it really don't matter IMO :beerchug:

ducnut - I'm not far from you and it is about 50/50 if they (HD riders) will wave back, so I kind of know what you are taking about.
Most of the other bikes will.

it took a while but almost everyone around here waves at me...i just figure the ones who don't are new riders and are too scared to take their hands off the bars :laugh:

I think its all about location. Where I am now just about everybody waves. However, I when I lived in Rock Island, Illinois I almost never got waved at, and I was even on a Harley! There I think it was because I always wore a full face helmet (I was from a helmet state and was used to it and I had to have a helmet to ride on to the military base where I worked). Sometimes I felt like guys would have spit on me/my helmet if they could have gotten close enough, and yes, almost all of them were on big Harleys.

Yeh, it's that attitude that I've run into so often. That's when I came up with my theory. However the hate is in all groups. I've been to Deals Gap on a sport bike and have heard comments about those geezers on the tourers, be it Gold Wings or Harleys. Then I've been down there on my Wing and heard the hate pour out of their face holes about the crotch rockets. Some of the Wing guys were as bad as the Harley people, that surprised me a little bit. What are they *****ing about, they're riding cookie cutter jap bikes. The hate,, got let go of the hate..

Yup- Diversity is what makes the world interesting.
If we were all the same - how boring would that be?

Acceptance of others can be a hard thing to accept.

I get near enough to zero waves in town from Harley owners to call it zero. I even work with 4 Harley owners which only one talks to me about bikes. Maybe it's because I put grease sweep under a couple of them when they leak... Every day. (Just a little sweep, nothing to slip on)

When I get out of town, or am on a long ride there is never an issue for me. My only conclusion is its the people that wanna look like a hardcore rider, harley or sport, not the people that ride because they love to ride. And those are normally the people you run into 50+ miles out of town.

"My only conclusion is its the people that wanna look like a hardcore rider, harley or sport, not the people that ride because they love to ride. And those are normally the people you run into 50+ miles out of town."

Well said, I was gonna say about the same thing. 2 type of bikers, especially Harley riders:

1. Those that love to ride and work on their bikes. They'll probably wave at you.
2. Those who have a Harley to be cool, bad or whatever. They might not wave unless you're on a chromed out Screamin Eagle CVO Streetglide Special.

I have a Hayabusa and a couple of Harleys and like them all.

Yeah on my ride to Colorado, as soon as leaving California my bike was the only non cruiser I saw. Every rest stop even Harley riders liked checkin it out. Every one of them. Sturgis was over and a lot of people were headed home. Met a lot of guys and gals riding down from Canada. And a big group of Aussies that flew to la to ride to sturgis. Lots of good people out there, but definitely overwhelmed by the bad ones. But people riding sport bikes have never heard that before...... Lol

As the owner of both a Harley and a Hayabusa, I find that both bikes appeal to different people. I quite frankly, could care less about what people think about either bike. I love them both for different reasons.

The great thing about Montana is pretty much everyone waves at everyone, regardless of what they happen to be riding. Except of course for the moped riders, as those poor folks are just trying to get home before someone they know sees them. I do wave at them as well.

Back