Harley Davidson

I'm with BirdHunter on that one.
bs.gif

You drop $1400 at the HD shop and you get a chrome headlight and some new chrome bolts for your aircleaner.
pillepalle.gif

dunno.gif
What did you do to the Suzi? Blow a head gasket? Drop a valve?
dunno.gif
laugh.gif

No kidding on the headlight and bolts for $1400.00 !!!

I ride with some buddies who have HD's. We went to the new local HD store to look around and I about fell out looking at the prices of their little chrome goodies
SHOCKED.gif
!!!

Isaiah :As far as the Busa repair, you can get a whole new engine on flea-bay for cheaper than the $4200.00 in repairs you are claiming... You sure these are repairs from a "breakdown" and not repairs from a "lay down"
rock.gif

dunno.gif

$1,300 one service. $2,900 another. Some of that $4,200 has been for new tires, oil change and plugs. The rest has been for transmission work and a new radiator. I just went by the shop today and my engine is all apart. As far as a
bs.gif
goes, it's at MR Motorcycle where VMAN1300 (Kevin) works. I'm sure he can confirm it with the service department if you would like. Would you like a copy of the receipts? I do not regret buying the bike, I just didn't plan on spending that much. As long as when I get it back it runs like it's supposed to, I'll be ok with it.

$1,300 one service. $2,900 another. Some of that $4,200 has been for new tires, oil change and plugs. The rest has been for transmission work and a new radiator. I just went by the shop today and my engine is all apart. As far as a
bs.gif
goes, it's at MR Motorcycle where VMAN1300 (Kevin) works. I'm sure he can confirm it with the service department if you would like. Would you like a copy of the receipts? I do not regret buying the bike, I just didn't plan on spending that much. As long as when I get it back it runs like it's supposed to, I'll be ok with it.
SHOCKED.gif

What in the world do you get for a $1300.00 and $2900.00 service ??

No receipts needed, just a basic description of what you got for 4200.00 besides a "service",would do.. The tranny and radiator repair could be done several times over for that kind of cash, so what in the world cost so much ?? Why is your engine apart ??

firedevil.gif
I think that we are getting skunked here!!!
firedevil.gif

Do you suppose that "MR Motorcycle" isn't code for "MR TURBO"?
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

That would put it right in the price point.

If not, then I need to know where this shop is so I don't go there.
cool.gif

Does the term "Not Economicaly Repairable" mean anything to you?
lurk.gif

firedevil.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

And BirdHunter You and your friends should know by now...
HD doesn't stand for Harley Davidson, it stands for Hundred Dollars! You can't walk out of there for any less than that
bowdown.gif

So you think I'm a liar.  Why would I make this up?

190/50ZR17 R Qualifier -   161.88
spark plug -                 7.78
gasket -                     1.78
Mobil-1 (4) -               47.80
union, oil stand -           6.78
oil filter -                10.70
radiator -                 598.69
hp coolant qt (5) -         23.75

r&r radiator (1 hr) -        68.00
11K service (3.5 hr) -      238.00
r&r rear tire (0.8 hr) -     54.40
r&r union oil stand (1 hr) - 68.00

supplies -                  14.60

sales tax -                 58.34

TOTAL -                  1,351.00

I'm not exactly thrilled about it.  For what reason would I make this up!!!!!

I've got friends who ride all kinds of bikes.  Although we do not trash each other's bikes, we do joke around.  If you've got hate for another bike that's your problem, not mine, and I could care less.  I'm far from being perfect, but a liar is something I'm not.

Leave it to the Harley owners to not have a sense of humor and take a little ribbing over their motorcycles.

Back