Let us put some things in perspective please. Harley Bashing

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
After Facebook made changes to the site people started screamig and complaining. "If it ain't broke then don't fix it!!!!!"
Captain and the crew made changes to our site and people screamed. "We want the old site back. This one stinks!"

These are just 2 examples about people not wanting change or improvements. Yet It seems everyone is saying how Harley has not evolved. Seems everyone wants to remain status quo if the system is working and complains about changes. So why should Harley be any different. Their system works for them and the people who buy their product. Harley has made improvements and tried some things. Some went over well others did not. Look at the V-Rod. It is not popular with the so-called Harley enthusiasts. They say it is not a Harley. But others like it. Harley has had engineering developments over the last 108 years.

Yes there was a quality issue with Harley back in the late 70's early 80's when the company was owned by AMF. AMF was concerned about numbers and profits and did not care about quality. All they wanted were numbers. Employees finally had enough and banded together to buy the company and return it to what it was before AMF almost destroyed it. Harley has a large following and they are entitled to that following. Just like Suzuki has a following. Harley's are not designed or built for speed. They are built for a certain group of people (Fat, lazy, overwieght dirtbags). Just like the Hayabusa is built for a special group of people (Speeding law breaking individuals). These different groups do not have to agree on the facts of life or anything.

I do not agree with everything Harley does or the decisions they make. I hate how they stuck it to Eric Buell. But I will not turn my nose up at any bike manufacturer. I am a motorcycle enthusiast. If it is a motorcycle of any make I will take an interest in it and the person riding it. I don't care if it is a US, Italian, British, Japanese, Korean, Bavarian, Russian, Chinese.... bike or if the rider is Male, Female, White, Black, Brown, Asain, Alien(Green) or what.

As for change and evovling... Look at the IMZ Ural motorcycle. Hit has been around since 1941. It was ripped off from BMW by the Russians during the start up of World War II. It is still produced today with very few changes from 1941. It is now a 750 instead of 650, It now has electric start and a Ducatti ignition. But it has a following here in the US and is a wonderful bike to ride.

So before you bash a bike or the person who rides it, STOP THINK and consider life for a minute.

Yes this is a Hayabusa site, but by bashing the other bikes we are no better than they are. Treat others as you want to be treated. Be the bigger person and do not stoop to their level.

I hope this opens just one persons eyes. Because as motorcyclists we need to band together to protect the freedoms we have. United we stand divided we fail!!!!!!

Have a great day, ride safe and come home alive and in one piece.

I think the V-Rod is sexy.

I might troll on youtube at times on Harleys though :whistle:

Its not the bikes I dont like, its the riders. Which applies to all riders, not just harley riders. :beerchug:

I will always keep a busa, but I want the BMW 1200GT(Thanks Dan) my wife is getting one next summer, and a Blacked out V-Rod.

When it comes to above 500 cc, Harley world wide sells way more bikes than anyone else, by a long shot. So whatever they do, they are taking care of their shareholders.

I think the problem is we are Superbike people and a Harley is very far away from that, so we have different bike values which do not fit Harley Davidson.

I will always keep a busa, but I want the BMW 1200GT(Thanks Dan) my wife is getting one next summer, and a Blacked out V-Rod.

I'm here to help, brother! :whistle:

I like the look of the V-Rod too, maybe we could get a group buy on them.

uploadfromtaptalk1317328757833.jpg
Me and the owner of this bike have ridden thousands of miles together. He gives me hell about my rice grinder and I give it back about his tractor. It is all in fun between friends. Same here as far as I am concerned.

No different than "What's a TRE?" Or "Black is the fastest color!"

I bet there are very few if any HD forums that do not bash "crotch rockets" and at the same time some of the members own one and defend it like you are here.

Relax Brother life is too short to sweat the little things. :thumbsup:

via Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1317328757833.jpg

By the way that 07 RKC has almost 40k trouble free miles. Not one single thing above routine maintenance, tires and brakes.

via Tapatalk

Currently I have 2001 Hayabusa, 2008 Buell 1203 Ligntening, and a 2008 CBR1000RR....each bike has it's ups and downs but I love them all for different reasons. I have however watched my father buy and sell over 18 Harleys. Some were great, some were the biggest pieces of crap ever to be called a motorcycle. It all the users choice.(I won't exagerate on how many weekends I rode while my father worked on his bikes) It personal preference and that's what it should be.

And BTW...black IS the fastest color!

I love all motorcycles - I hate people with sunny dispositions :)

Included - gratutitous pictures of me drinking a cold beverage and my HD Softail Deluxe in full camping rig from the "Tail" last week.

100_0777.jpg

DSCN0218.jpg

highres_58950912.jpg

To help put things further into perspective...

Facebook makes changes so they make more money and track more info to give their advertisers. They could care less about the sheeple.

Cap makes changes to the site for US. See the difference?

Disclaimer: I don't particular like the new site. Way more scrolling so I use tapatalk more often than not now. But I keep my mouth shut and don't complain because a) it's free, b) I like it here c) I'm adaptable.

By the way, what's all this talk of the site changing? didn't even notice a difference - seamless changeover in my mind... all the same players and all the same rhetoric?!?!?

This is the never ending story, there will always going to be someone saying something about hd bikes and sportbikes. Just dont take it personal.

You have Good and Bad with every group you hang with. At a Local Diner in Jackson CA, I had a Hells Angel come up to my Busa and tell me how great of a bike he thought it was. We talked for a second or two and he left telling to keep the rubber side down brother. On the other hand I have had other sport bike riders tell me how it's too big and can't turn for ****.............You all know the truth :)

Ride your own ride and Fudge the rest of them.....................:rulez:

Robert

Cant do it.Dont like the way they sound ride or run.I would buy a Victory though.I will say that HD does need some new innovations.Just my 2 cents.

I think the problem isn't the jokes here and there. Its the two to three threads a week smack talking HD. I know some people don't like every bike thats ok, to each their own, but no need to constantly bring up how much you hate them and think their owners are stupid. Remember there are folks here and lurkers and new guests that ride more than one type of bike and when folks go and start calling HD riders or any other brand a moron,idiot,scumbag ect ect for enjoying a what ever brand then they may get tired of it after awhile or decide that all Hayabusa riders are elitist jerks and next thing bam we loose someone that is a great addition to the community here.

Ride your ride and let people be happy with theirs.

I don't think jokes about it here and there are bad, just a constant barrage of them.

My coppers

I'm with gpmo, few here and there are par for the course, i take my shots at harley's here and there but its all in good fun, i dont mind em, i've owned one and work on em from time to time, hell my brother worked for em for quite a few years.

Ran into a guy at bike night on a gixxer 1k that came up to me and my brother and just started going off on harleys, he'd never ridden one, never owned one or worked on one. I think if you have no clue you should have no reason to run your mouth. When we go on our big rides its generally 3 sport bikes in the back and 9-12 harleys in front of us (someones gotta pick up the parts) but we're all good friends and can talk crap back and forth to each other without anyone getting offended.

i agree with the tone of what you said and i have to admit I hate when I do the cool motorcycle guy wave at non sportbike riders (not neccessarily Harleys but usually) and they dont wave back...we're all riders and when it comes down to it (especially in the eyes of non riders law enforecement and law makers) we are all in the same barrell. As far as change goes it should be embraced, and if possible appreciated enjoyed because its not always good... I got 2 words for you...New Coke ....

Well Kevin, you know where I stand.. :rofl:

I'll own one someday. Most likely a V-Rod. But I need to smoke a TON more crack before that happens. Too many brain cells preventing me from making such decisions currently.

:whistle:

You know I love ya Lurch! :poke:

Back