Busa 1, ZX 14 TOTALLED!!

SHOCKED.gif
ouch
wow.gif

Now if I was this guy, I'd be smiling too, just to be alive! He came close to meeting his maker and it appears he's happy he didn't. Insurance, I doubt his accident is going to make anyones rates go up any more than guys on busas or gixxers or harleys.

I don't think it's his fault the next guy ran over his mike and crashed. The 14 is laying on the center line and if the next rider couldn't go on one side or the other then he was going to fast as well.

I agree, the guy on the 14 was riding to fast for his skill level and if he got on the brakes in the corner and tucked the front, I'd say his skill level is fairly low?

However, he used up one of his passes in life on this day!

I read an article on crashes once that said riders crossing the centerline on an inside curve and hitting a vehicle head on was either the most common or near the most common cause of motorcycle deaths.

(pure_ego @ Oct. 02 2006,19:45) nothing like freaking out and grabbing a handful of brake hoping to bail yourself out.   Probably should be thankful the front end washed.  You know he realized he was going  into the wrong lane.. saw the SUV coming and nailed em in desperation.
Picture:  Haulin ass, big grin on his face until he realizes he over estimated his abilities.  *Butt pucker* followed by a fist full of radial brakes.  

I bet he wasn't smiling as his ass was sliding for the side of the road; and he won't be smiling once he tries to insure his "next" bike.  Assclown stunts like this affect ALL our insurance, not just the derelects.

God bless him for walking away with just a boo-boo on his knee. But how can he be smiling when he just sent another biker (friend) to the hospital and smacked up another bike (along w/his) and also damaged a SUV? Hope he got the highest coverage available bcuz if not, I think the lawyer is going wipe away that smile. Wish him luck.

(soon2be @ Oct. 02 2006,22:57)
(Tango1300 @ Oct. 02 2006,11:05)
(WWJD @ Oct. 02 2006,09:03)
He argued with me weeks ago about the tire pressure.  Said he'd run them at the recommended tire pressure on all his bikes.  Well...  today was his wake-up call.
What tire pressures do you run?
After reading all of this i'm still wondering what the answer to this is myself... what is wrong with recommended tire pressures?? I've run them since the day i bought the bike...

I called Matt( guy on the zx14) on the way home last night after I saw this, he confirmed it was him. a couple of small scrapes on his knee but e is ok. He hit something slick on the road and lost it. He is a seasoned rider that just traded up to the 14 from a beautifull ZX7R. He didnt get a chance to sell it yet, so that is what he will be riding for the rest of the year. Insurance is taking care of it, and he said he will be getting a new one in spring.

~Ev

(KosherBenz @ Oct. 03 2006,03:25) I called Matt( guy on the zx14) on the way home last night after I saw this, he confirmed it was him.  a couple of small scrapes on his knee but e is ok. He hit something slick on the road and lost it.  He is a seasoned rider that just traded up to the 14 from a beautifull ZX7R. He didnt get a chance to sell it yet, so that is what he will be riding for the rest of the year.  Insurance is taking care of it, and he said he will be getting a new one in spring.

~Ev
Well hopefully when he dumps the new one he won't take out his riding buddies (although they might be a little more cautious when riding with him for now on)or anymore unsuspecting innocent motorists on the road.

And god forbid if he does, maybe he will think better, than to do a photo shoot posing and what not, to highlight the carnage. JMHO

wink.gif

lots of people on here go down, we dont give them ****. those that are being hard on him, is it because he drives a zx14? would you guys be bashing if it was a busa??? ?? ??

(KosherBenz @ Oct. 03 2006,07:13) lots of people on here go down, we dont give them ****. those that are being hard on him, is it because he drives a zx14? would you guys be bashing if it was a busa??? ?? ??
Dude is posing over the carnage like he just landed a monster sailfish or something. Sorry it has nothing to do with him riding a 14.

Dumb is dumb no matter what bike your riding.

Just my opinion though.

(Sloto200 @ Oct. 02 2006,18:18)
(soon2be @ Oct. 02 2006,22:57)
(Tango1300 @ Oct. 02 2006,11:05)
(WWJD @ Oct. 02 2006,09:03)
He argued with me weeks ago about the tire pressure.  Said he'd run them at the recommended tire pressure on all his bikes.  Well...  today was his wake-up call.
What tire pressures do you run?
After reading all of this i'm still wondering what the answer to this is myself... what is wrong with recommended tire pressures??  I've run them since the day i bought the bike...
nothing unless you are either

A: incredibly too fast for street conditions

B: track day

C: drag strip

other than that I can't think of any reason not to run recommended pressures.

Just a good way to waste tires and something to argue about.

(steelhead @ Oct. 03 2006,11:53) I feel the same way. Any motorcycle down is not good...
Plenty of times people here come down on Busa owners for the things they do/have done... plenty!

EDIT: Blah! I quoted the wrong person!

Two Busas that i raced and beat at the Drags on my zx14  went down at about the 60 foot mark ...It wasn't pretty ...BUT i did not post that i just killed a Busa and the Busa crashed trying to keep up  with the zx14 ...  This post is crap ...For some reason a few on here think a Busa never goes down because it the best bike in the world ...Well all them parts on Ebay came from somewhere...

OK, I have to agree your being hard on this dude. I'm sure everyone on this board followes ever trafic law to the tee (INCLUDING SPEED LIMITS). NOW i do think that cosmetically the 14 looks better now. no one was hurt bad=good. I'm careful, i try not to ride over my ability, but sh*t it's a bike they go down sometimes. I love hitting the twistys, and I see a sign with a squiggly line that reads 25MPH under it, i down shift to keep the RPMs high, and get a big a$$ grin on my face.

Do i do this in heavy traffic? NO, I plan on staying alive. If you bought a Busa, or anyother sport bike to never use it, get a cruiser.

FLAME OFF

I know matt too ....small world

I was not there that day but my nephew was on my old k6 he said he just missed the wreck and went into a yard to avoid crashing .

What did the SUV look like afterwards? Glad you guys are mostly ok...

Back