Went riding with the zx-14 today

thanks for the comments :beerchug:

actually hard to believe but he has never had his bike past 80mph ???

hopefully next week we will get a couple more guys and a longer ride...got another soldier with a busa in the area and my uncle rides a 750 and maybe I can get my dad to take his goldwing to play with the crotch rockets :rofl:
any1 in the SC area wanna ride just let me know

I know everyone has their own opinion, but the ZX-14 just looks a lot heavier and longer than the Hayabusa. It doesn't look graceful at all. I think they made it too much of a straight line bike. I wouldn't have much confidence cutting up the twisties like I would on the Hayabusa. I know that's only perception though, but sometimes perception is reality.

The only part of the 14 that I really don't care for is the nose section around the headlights.

Nice looking Busa, wish I could say the same about the ZX14 but I really do hate the styling on them. Just a personal preference of mine, I've looked at them side by side and compared them and can honestly say I would never own a ZX14. To those that like them enjoy, I'll never fault someone for buying what they like. At the end of the day it doesn't matter which one is faster or handles better as a majority of us here (myself included) can not and will not be able to ride either to their true potential.

Good to see both of you are mature responsible riders and were able to enjoy a nice ride without having to prove anything to each other. :thumbsup:

nice. i like the busa all over [reformed tail hater], but on the zx14 i can honestly say i only like the nose. both nice bikes though.

Too bad there's a Forman Grill in front of your bike in a couple of the pics. :whistle:

Nice bikes. Glad you had a good ride.

:beerchug:

I had the opportunity to ride with a bright red ZX14 with race stickers all over it at the track just yesterday. Fella in the saddle was a very large individual who was a good 60 lbs overweight. He pitted close to us so I walked over and complimented him on such a beautiful ride. He says Yeah, she is a beauty and now that I have the suspension all dialed in she corners like a 600. I usually sit out the first session or two and I could hear him talking to the two women with him about how fast he was while passing everything in sight, etc, etc, etc.

So,,,,,,,,,,,, when I was ready, I followed him out to get a birds eye view of this monster at work. I had followed guys on 14's in the past that were pretty quick so I figure I'm going to have to put my head down and hit "GO" to keep up?

First lap was slow but I figure he is warming up his tires. Second lap he picked up the pase and actually reached a buck twenty on the straight and indeed he did pick it up on the third lap. What I found was he was indeed fast on the straight but I could easily keep up with him on my GSXR1K. Eventually I just got in his draft and passed him on the far end of the straight and I'm sure he didn't tell any of his friends a 1K passed him on the straights :beerchug:

Although the brakes on the beast are very good, it takes a long ways to slow that beast when compared to a smaller bike. I also found when the big bike had sparks flying in the corners, I could still pass him on the outside with no problem. After a couple of sessions of having a little fun with the big guy, passing him at will and it made no difference whether it was on the straight, corners or braking, the bike was just to big and clumbersom to keep up.

I moved up from the intermediate group to play with my racer friends and for the rest of the day the big fella ignored me like I had the plague. However, on the last session of the day, I dropped in on the intermediate group again just to remind him to be careful of puffing up his chest in the wrong crowd :laugh:

I know, I'm bad! But I just couldn't help myself :thumbsup:

I ride regularly with a friend that drives a zx-14. Interestingly enough, after 4 months we still can't determine who has the fastest bike. He kicks my butt sometimes. I kick his butt sometimes. I think it is who's craziest that day that wins!!

My son rides a '14 so we both have chances to trade rides. (Since he's a Deputy Sheriff, I call him my "get-out-of-jail-card!!!") Anyways, lots to like about the '14--but I still like the 'busa better. He feels the same way about his '14. In the end---each to his own!!!

Back